Need Help?

Guest ScottO

I just tinted a side window on a truck and the gasket is rubbing against the tint causing the gasket to fold and making the window hard to roll down. I made sure the tint was underneath the gasket. Maybe I dont have the tint far enough down or is the tint to thick. I was thinking of using a tint that doesn't have a metal layer because its a little thinner. Does anyone think that maybe the gasket is no good? The passenger side is fine and I used the same tint for that window. Im a newbie , so any advice woould be appreciated.

If you had a silicone based cleaner/polish that would help alot. Some TINTSHOPS sell these type cleaners. The silicone makes the surface of the TINT slick.

HONDA makes a spray on cleaner for motorcycles that works good. Its made for cleaning plastic windshields and helmet visors and it leaves a slick surface. Might try that if you have a HONDA MOTORCYCLE DEALER near you.

Guest Braud Spectrum

Had the window been previously tinted ? Might be some glue left down in there below your bottom line or a big ol' glue bugger on the back side of that gasket causing it to catch and take it with it as it goes down. :cool

Archived