Vision on Jeep wrangler

Guest cheesehead98

Guest cheesehead98

Hello All

just a question on what you all think. I have a 2002 jeep wrangler sport registered in Wisconsin. I have the legal limit of 50% on the front doors and the back in factory. I am thinking about getting a visior put on the front window. In Wisconsin it is legal to A1. What do you all think? Also if I do get it done what percent would you go with? WOuld like look to weird??Thanks for all your help. Also if anybody has any pictures please include them too.

TOM

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tint rookie

I too drive a wrangler. 87 YJ (same windshield)

the shape of it in my oppinion, really would look silly with a visor on it. maybe it would be salvagable if it were a contour cut matching the black border along the top

if you went with something lighter you really wouldnt destroy the lines of the windshield.

I know most prefer visors dark, but even a 30 or a matching 50 would help knock down the glare without changing the vehicles lines. (if you can accuse a wrangler of having lines)

Guest tint rookie

OMFG, TINT, im sooo disapointed, you tinted your windshield, to you realize how stupid you are........

mines in HP50.

in my defense.... my windshield will pop right out if I try to go through it. all that holds it in is a flimsy arse rubber moulding.

OMFG, TINT, im sooo disapointed, you tinted your windshield, to you realize how stupid you are........

mines in HP50.

in my defense.... my windshield will pop right out if I try to go through it. all that holds it in is a flimsy arse rubber moulding.

[*]367435

70% is focken clear man so dont start. 50% on yours im sure looks dark.

Guest tint rookie

the beep beep gets me to work in the am, home around dusk, sits all night. very rarely driven at night. (shes actually coming off the pavement for a 5.0 swap real soon, then its just a weekend trail warrior)

rainy days are the only issue where it looks too dark.... makes me sweat. or shiver for that matter, feel pretty stupid with rolled down fronts (also HP50) on rainy days so the windshield looks lighter (or at least an attempt at it looking lighter)

I still have never done a windshield for a customer, never will.

the beep beep gets me  to work in the am, home around dusk, sits all night. very rarely driven at night.  (shes actually coming off the pavement for a 5.0 swap real soon, then its just a weekend trail warrior)

rainy days are the only issue where it looks too dark.... makes me sweat. or shiver for that matter, feel pretty stupid with rolled down fronts (also HP50) on rainy days so the windshield looks lighter (or at least an attempt at it looking lighter)

I still have never done a windshield for a customer, never will.

[*]367448

Dude, that sounds way too much like some of my customers wanting their windshields tinted.

"Man, I only drive during the day, only if it was an emergency would I go out at night".

:sad

On a lighter note, mines in HP70 :spit:hmmm

Archived