security film box cutter

I am a security film installer in south florida. I use a film handler for 4 mil cutting... I have found it a pain in the arse to load a fresh roll of 8 mil on the handler, get it on the rolls, and proceed to cut it when the weight of the roll can make the ladder shift or maybe even fall.

My thoughts are to design a box cutter to encase the box on the floor with slide rules and some sort of cutter head in those slide rules. Is there any company out there that makes such a thing? And if I designed one, would the installers on this board think they could put it to use? Thanks guys...

im not impressed with that system. Whats to say that those cutter heads or the box wall itself is going to hold up to the stress and weight of pulling 8 mil and above films? I tyruely think the cardboard would tear/ rip thus deleting the correct operation.... Thanks for the quick reply.. :thumb

I prefer at the end of the day to forget about work.. HAA! Not to still be cutting film. I do agree that precutting works well and does save valuable time. There have been times when precutting has caused problems, as to working off someone elses dimensions... On the alter of the conversation, guess Im just looking to make some money on a patent.. Thanks for the info..

Archived