Laid off!!! What should I do?

Guest Stratusrtrida

Guest Stratusrtrida

Hey guys, I got laid of this past Tuesday. I knew it was comming for awhile so it wasn't unexpected. I have been busy the last two days and today is the first day I have nothing to do and Im starting to get bored already. I am trying to motovate myself to get busy on the business... (I do graphics, decals, banners and also detail cars.) I just don't know where I should start. I was going to make some cor-plastic signs and put them up around town, But, I wasn't sure if that was !llegal or not? I don't want to get slapped with any fines right now. I have been trying to keep busy during the day and finding things to supplement my income. In the last two days I already sold an old Mustang motor on Ebay I had laying around and cashed in like $150 in bottles and cans (haha yea, my life has come down to that) Anyways....Do you guys have any ideas on how I could promote business? I was also going to go through the phone book and call people about signs and banners for their businesses....thanks. Nick

I know in san diego you need a promoting license to hang posters up and pass out flyers, but I dont know how it is in your neck of the woods. I would hit up all the dealerships new and used cars with all you services you should be able to get some work. try advertising on craigslist.com in your area, you might get a couple of cars from their also, plus its free. aint nothin wrong with recycling I do it and I have work, its extra cash that I take and put in a bank account for my kids for when they get older.

Tint your buddies cars that you have lined up already-to see if this is really what you want to do! You are forgetting that you havent learned to tint yet! Promote your signs and graphics first! I dont believe in PRACTICING on customers cars! :spit It will give you a bad rep!

Tint your buddies cars that you have lined up already-to see if this is really what you want to do! You are forgetting that you havent learned to tint yet! Promote your signs and graphics first! I dont believe in PRACTICING on customers cars! :lol It will give you a bad rep!

[*]367884

:spit I hope he has considerate and patient buddies :hmmm

Best of luck bro! Never sit around man, pimp yourself - get out there!!!! :spit

Guest streetsounds
Hey guys, I got laid of this past Tuesday. I knew it was comming for awhile so it wasn't unexpected. I have been busy the last two days and today is the first day I have nothing to do and Im starting to get bored already. I am trying to motovate myself to get busy on the business... (I do graphics, decals, banners and also detail cars.) I just don't know where I should start. I was going to make some cor-plastic signs and put them up around town, But, I wasn't sure if that was !llegal or not? I don't want to get slapped with any fines right now. I have been trying to keep busy during the day and finding things to supplement my income. In the last two days I already sold an old Mustang motor on Ebay I had laying around and cashed in like $150 in bottles and cans (haha yea, my life has come down to that) Anyways....Do you guys have any ideas on how I could promote business? I was also going to go through the phone book and call people about signs and banners for their businesses....thanks. Nick

[*]367880

looks like u better go hustle :spit

Guest MidcoastMW

You dont grind you dont shine...... Get out there and make some things happen my friend. Im sure your capable. :spit

If that isnt your thing, you could always sit on yo azz smokkin bud and slangin 5% paypaz on the side. :spit

Guest S and S

Use some savings....find out the law for promoting....I go around to car lots and see if they need any signs and stuff....like the ones they stick under the hoods that say S A L E with 4 cars in a row....stuff like that

Guest tint rookie

sounds like your on the right trax.

being laid off is sometimes the best kick in the ass to get you motivated to get yourself into biz.

dont feel bad or discouraged, believe it or not, winter time is the best time to go into the tint biz (you still need more practice though).

those whove been in biz for a while and are established can get by in the winter mos. (and I actually have been liking the slow time the past week)

thats your opportunity to get out and start histlin while the old fart tinters are enjoying their down time.

some of my local shops are actually on vacation, literally. chinsy sheet of notebook paper taped to the door. we'll be back on such and such a date. kinda tuff for a customer to price shop when they have to talk to the competitions answering machine.

one last tip..... frequent happy hours in bars in college, dealership, and high income business districts. buy a pitcher and make new friends.

Archived