Tinting for my first time

Guest Ernesto

Guest Ernesto

Hey. Im young and new to tinting. I have been watching several videos (do it yourself tinting) and have a basic idea on how to tint. I have the basic tools to tint. I bought this kit from eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWN%3AIT

Tell me what you guys think. Anyways im looking for some advice. I have read some things here on these forums and I see some of you don't mind putting hard cards on windows but others of you say that it is really bad to pass a hard card through a window without covering it with a rag or some thing...

My first car is going to be my dad's F-350. It has big windows but they look fairly easy. I first have to take off his tint that some shop put on but it has been a little more than a year now and they are all blurry and plus I don't like the way they look (purple)...

Advice and suggestions please...

Take your time, its not going to be as easy as you think. make sure the windows are clean, every nook and cranny needs to be clean or you will get dirt in your paper.

make sure you have plenty of soap in your bottle, themore slip the better for a noob, and make sure you wrap a paper towel around that hard card or it will scratch the crap out of your papers.

wooooooord up.

Guest Ernesto
Take your time, its not going to be as easy as you think. make sure the windows are clean, every nook and cranny needs to be clean or you will get dirt in your paper.

make sure you have plenty of soap in your bottle, themore slip the better for a noob, and make sure you wrap a paper towel around that hard card or it will scratch the crap out of your papers.

wooooooord up.

[*]368174

OK thanks. I will take as long as it takes me. I plan on cleaning the windows by spraying water all over it and with a new blade scraping the window down to make sure nothing is left there. Then just cleaning the water and anything that the blade may have taken off with a paper towel...is this a good way to clean the window?

I was going to mix the bottle with water and JOY soap (the one to clean dishes with). Is this ok?

Guest Ernesto
Joy will work.

Before you lay your tint mist the glass and use that black and white squeege adn squeege the whole window. just wiping it with a towel wont work as good.

[*]368177

Guest Ernesto
Joy will work.

Before you lay your tint mist the glass and use that black and white squeege adn squeege the whole window. just wiping it with a towel wont work as good.

[*]368177

[*]368180

Yeah I know. Sorry for not mentioning that. I know to always use a squeege to wipe down any water from the windows. I use the paper towels to pick up the water at the bottom of the window (so it wont make such a mess).

the set you bought looks ok. I would add a side swiper, conqueror and maby a bulldozer for all those hard to reach areas. Also, a squeege with a handle (unger I believe its called) works real good for squeezin out the juice. But, it might be pointless if you only plan on tinting a few windows.

Good luck, youll need it. :evilgrin

Guest Ernesto
the set you bought looks ok. I would add a side swiper, conqueror and maby a bulldozer  for all those hard to reach areas. Also, a squeege with a handle (unger I believe its called) works real good for  squeezin out the juice. But, it might be pointless if you only plan on tinting a few windows.

Good luck, youll need it.  :evilgrin

[*]368182

No I don't plan on just tinting a few windows. I want to make this a side job. I know a guy that owns a shop (superior sound in Miami) they only have 1 tinter and he knows im willing to learn and work. Plus I need the money.

What else should I get. I need to get myself a heat gun

The best advise that I will give you (not many take it though :tt ), is you will be better served to actually work at a shop.

Not to try and struggle on your own. There are plenty here on the board that are trying to be self taught, and giving out info. like their a pro :evilgrin

The guys I've seen that take the advise and work their way in a tint shop are far better tinters then the others (there are expetions :tt ).

Sounds like your friends with a shop in your area which is a good start :inot

Archived