I can't believe it's gone....

Never even misplaced my wallet in all my life, and suddenly without warning, its gone. Went to a hunting supply store, had it then, then across the street to eat at a nice restuarant, still had it, went to use it again at the tire shop....GONE.

Called the place we ate at, and they did their best to help me without any resolve. It's a pretty nice place, so I didn't really suspect that someone stole it but you never know.

My best guess is the damn thing fell out of my pocket somewhere and some punk found it and made it their own. I just bought that damn thing less than a week ago and it cost me a small fortune :thumb

Here's the worst part.....my fukin' social security card was in it. I had needed it about a month ago, and saw it in my old wallet when I was changing things over and thought that I better take it out and put it back in it's place, but I never got a chance.

Anyone know of anything I or the SS place can do to protect me just incase that thing falls into the wrong hands? Maybe a new number (don't know if they can do that). Odds are it's in the hands of someone who will just toss it and keep the wallet, but what if it lands in the hands of someone who is capable of doing the things I see on Dateline and such. :lol It's the weekend so I have to sit and wait til monday when they open before I can even do anything about it.

Maybe someone will send it back to you in the mail.

I once found a wallet full of ID's and credit cards, I put it in a jet pack and mailed it to the person who lost it, she sent me a nice card thanking me for sending it to her.

Stranger things have happened. :thumb

Maybe someone will send it back to you in the mail.

I once found a wallet full of ID's and credit cards, I put it in a jet pack and mailed it to the person who lost it, she sent me a nice card thanking me for sending it to her.

Stranger things have happened. :thumb

[*]368336

That is awesome.

Integrity is a rare thing in this world and TDude, you have it.

:lol:lol:lol6

If you had credit cards taken too you should contact all of them now if you haven't and report em lost. as far as the ss # you can contact the three credit reporting agency's and have a fraud alert put on you credit report. Don't wait though !!!!

ID theft is a real biotch I went through it a couple of years ago and they did it with my ss# it is a freaking nightmare and really screws things up. Hope your lucky and they just took the money and dumped it Good LUck :thumb

Guest Braud Spectrum

Worst is waiting in line at SS office to get a new replacement. :lol

My afternoon customer had an ugly ding on the passenger door. I asked her about it since it was an 06....got her car broken into a week after she got it. Had left her purse in it while she ran back in the Dr's office for something she forgot. Stold her purse but they found it later that week in the dumpster by the office. Too late tho said she'd already gotten new ID's and reported stuff to Credit cards. That's usually what happens so I'm told. Take the cash and throw the wallet or purse away. Maybe worth looking in the dumpster close by before it gets emptied. :thumb

Archived