I was wrong

Guest Braud Spectrum

Guest Braud Spectrum

:lol6 This is a 91 Chevy X cab with factory privacy glass on the back three. I told him when he dropped it off and wanted limo on the back three that they would still look the same because that privacy glass does NOT come off. :hmmm As I cleaned the back glass I removed a rectangular Texas State Troupers sticker. Under it there was a round hole it had been covering from evidently a sticker placed previously which had removed the privacy part. :hmmm Not sure if the adhesive removed it or whatever was used to remove the adhesive from the sticker.

I remember a BroncoII years ago that had a worn off place on the rear quarters from something rubbing it. THe hole is completely clear next to the bronze part. Well....Not any more...now it's black. :hmmm

post-112-1139345266.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

someone brought a landcruiser in one day that had something sprayed on the inside of the back glass and whatever it was just ate away the factory tint in that section. but I've never seen a perfect circle w/ no factory tint .

Guest Al-tint
I've seen this happen to reflective coated automotive glass. One good reason why I wouldn't put film on that type glass.

[*]369450

Glass and auto manufacturers are always experimenting. Back in those years they tried a coating that was cheaper to make. It did not last and now they are adding liquid colour to the molten liquid glass. Now 15 years later, the owners have to deal with it.

:hmmm

Archived