can you tint plastic?

Guest badboy8469

Guest badboy8469
Yes you can tint that stuff but the real question is how long will it stay on? Most manufactures discourage applying film to plasctic, lexan, acrylic, plexi, and like materials. Most of these will eventually gas the film off and create bubbling eventually. That doesn't include other problems like prepping the surface without scratching the material. Removal without scratiching the material...

[*]369604

Is the process the same as glass( besides preping the surface) such as the heat shrinking?

Guest badboy8469
:krazy Heat shrinking would be scary, never tried it on plexi and I don't think I ever will...

Another thing to consider is mfg's will not warranty that application either.

[*]369607

Lol ok thanks for all your help, I think I will give it a shot, the worste that can happen is that I ruin a $20 visor, waste a few feet of tint and start a fire. :krazy

Guest badboy8469
:krazy Heat shrinking would be scary, never tried it on plexi and I don't think I ever will...

Another thing to consider is mfg's will not warranty that application either.

[*]369607

Lol ok thanks for all your help, I think I will give it a shot, the worste that can happen is that I ruin a $20 visor, waste a few feet of tint and start a fire. :krazy

[*]369611

:beer Let us know how it turns out

[*]369612

will do, thanks again. :dunno

Guest tinttyme-formulaone
That's a loaded question that has an equally loaded answer...

Plastic what?  :evileye

[*]369599

Do you mean plexiglass or lexan? If so the answer is no. Plexiglass and lexan produce a gas even at a solid state. Buyer beware to the customer. It's not a question if it will bubble, but when. Some customers will insist that you tint it anyway, but give no promises or guarantees.