customers???

Guest LindsayTint

Guest LindsayTint

It seems like every walk-through Estimate I do lately, the customers are "Well I didnt think it was going to cost that much" Im not price gouging in the least.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest LindsayTint
we do mostly commercial. :krazy

[*]369591

So when you do commercial is it usually a straight forward bidding process (lowest bid wins the job) or is there a negotiation with the contractor?

we do mostly commercial. :krazy

[*]369591

So when you do commercial is it usually a straight forward bidding process (lowest bid wins the job) or is there a negotiation with the contractor?

[*]369592

a lil of both.

when we get homes (usually more complicated) is a very rare occasion.

It happens from time to time. I usually start tactfully asking questions such as:

Do you want high quality film?

Do you want it installed properly?

Do you want the people who install your film to carry liability insurance?

Would you like us to come out to your house and install it or would you like to bring the window to us?

If something were to go wrong, do you want us to service a Lifetime Warranty? Would you care if we were no longer in business?

Do you want a glass breakage and seal failure warranty?

I will then finish by telling the customer that this is what it costs for us to provide these services to them. It is not just the price of film but it is the value behind the entire package.

[*]369598

usually for most. you end up not getting the job. (home owners) and its just dollar signs to them until they learn they're lesson..

Guest LindsayTint
I'll pose a question to ya...have you ever decided not to buy something after you considered the price vs the need of it :krazy

selling starts with the salesman.  most customers don't know they want it until they know they need it :krazy

[*]369627

Yeah, But I do not want to come off as some pushy saleman type. I have been pushed into buying things in the past only to regret it later. I am more about making sure the customer is 100% sure they want the product so they will not have regrets later. I dont want them to feel like they went to a car dealership bought a car thinking they got a good deal and regretting the purchase later only to bad mouth the dealership to other people. I have felt that way a couple of times in my life. I also h@te it when salesmen say this price is only good for today. UGH! I h@te that line..

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal
I'll pose a question to ya...have you ever decided not to buy something after you considered the price vs the need of it :krazy

selling starts with the salesman.  most customers don't know they want it until they know they need it :krazy

[*]369627

:dunno thats what its all about...the sale, of course they need it why else would we sell it...the glass hold together protecting from break in, the heat values, can match your exterior and pimp your home, bleep bloop blop, you get what im saying. You dont have to be a pushy salesman when your material is good, your work quality is top notch, and they have to know what the film will do for them.

Guest SHOMEURTINTS

Your going to have to face it, there are SOME people out there that just don't get it. You can compare LLumar or 3M to wal-mart auto tint for a house, and the people will pick the wal-mart film becasue it's cheaper. Residential is 90% of our business. Most people will pay the extra money for LLumar, especially in new homes with glass warranties. For those 10% ding dongs, (and because I don't want to lose ANY sale after I took the time to go there) I will offer two services.

THIS IS WHERE THE SENIOR TINT SHOPS WILL BASH ME.....

If the customer is dead set on cheap prices, I offer a cheap service. Once I explain LLumar, and all the bells and whistles and I see I'm beating a dead horse, I offer a "generic" film alternative. I let the customer know that it's performance is not that good, there is no warranty on film or glass, and the clarity is no where close to a professional film. I price it a buck or so per square foot cheaper than the LLumar (trying to make them choose the better for the small price difference), and yes some will pick the generic film. I don't get it, but it's going to happen with residential customers. Find yourself a discount distributor of some cheap korean film and give them what they want.

This way the burden is on the customer, since you have explained and tried to persuade them into a quality film, and you don't waste your time running sales calls only to get beat out by the guy down the street tinting out his garage using Auto-Zone car tint on houses..............

Archived