Vinyl Cutter Advice

Guest EddieK

I currently have been using a Panther Vinyl cutter but im in the market to buy a smaller, cheaper one to serve as a backup/extra to use at my home. This way I dont have to drive 30 min to the shop to cut something small I can can do at home.

I've been checking a few out and was wondering if anyone out there has any experience using these. Hopefully I can get some pros and cons for each machine.

SeikiTech 30" Vinyl Cutter SK-850H - $600 on ebay

bb_1.JPG

and

Cougar Plus - Ebay/sign warehouse $800

cougarplus_pic.jpg

Any input/feedback on these 2 would be well appriciated :inot

You get what you pay for.

I have no experience with the cheaper cutters, but let us know how it works out.

If I had a cutter at da hoos, I would probably have to get a deevors.

Makes my wife crazy, that I stay at the shop so long after she goes home. Probably cause I cook better than she does.

I work all the time as it is. :duck:puter

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

I bought the ve lynx 24" and it works real good for what I need it for. I cut tint and vinyl on it. Paid about $1400 with the stand included.

I might upgrade to a bigger more expensive one later and take my current one to the house for late night jobs.

I bought the ve lynx 24" and it works real good for what I need it for.  I cut tint and vinyl on it.  Paid about $1400 with the stand included.

I might upgrade to a bigger more expensive one later and take my current one to the house for late night jobs.

[*]369941

I was thinking about the Lynx....I can actually get one for about $1100. I just dont want to spend that much for an extra cutter. Im leaning towards the el cheapo $600 cutter. Im sure that wont give me any problems cutting letters, numbers and basic graphics. We'll see though...

Archived