mobile with a tinttech

Guest Mayor of Tint Town

Guest Mayor of Tint Town

Hey all you mobile guys out there. Anyone have a computter and plotter in your unit? Any problems?

We are considering adding a highend mobile unit. Wouldn't want to do it without the big electronic helper.

Also anyone working under a pull out awning or even better a mobile unit you can drive a customers vehicle into.

I know it's big bucks but we feel if we're after the top of the market we have to show it.

Da Mayor.

Hey all you mobile guys out there.  Anyone have a computter and plotter in your unit?  Any problems?

We are considering adding a highend mobile unit.  Wouldn't want to do it without the big electronic helper.

Also anyone working under a pull out awning or even better a mobile unit you can drive a customers vehicle into. 

I know it's big bucks but we feel if we're after the top of the market we have to show it.

Da Mayor.

[*]369969

nope I can still afford my shop, but as soon as it gets cold again and the people stop commin in, :puter Ill pack it up and go on the road.

I think it would be easier with a pull behind trailer, cause then you could leave it set up but the bouncing would be :duck on the electronics

I can imagine carrying something like that on board, and forget about what you have in your unit, and you speeed and have to break hard, or turn a left/right turn real hard, those things have to be strapped right for situations like that.

I wouldnt do it.

latters, film boxes, tools, stools, etc etc, would be in the way. and the messs that gets created with stuff that's left after a job, garbage bags. u know what im talking about.

Guest ShadyKat

I use a plotter and can be mobile; I just cut the film ahead of time, clean it up and then pack it in PVC tubes. I also take extra film with me should I screw the pooch and have to hand cut a pattern. By scheduling appointments you really don?t need to take the plotter with you. With that said, I have a shot at getting all the film and PPF work at a local dealer, if that happens and things go well I may just purchase another plotter and leave it at the dealer. Then I will put my software on my laptop so I only have to carry it around. :blah

I think the most important thing would be that you need to have wireless access to run the software. I dont know about your location but mine has so many dead zones it would never work. ShadyKat has a great point also. Did you think about how you would load the plotter I mean wouldnt you have to almost climb inside the truck or even setup a table how much time would that waste?

Archived