another use for rubbing alcohol

I recently did a house with silicone around the edges of all the windows. its always frustrating for me to get the last few pieces off even after scraping and wiping, etc. a few little pieces will stick to the frame and glass. I used a paper towel with a dab of alcohol to do the final edge wipe and every speck of silicone that was left rolled right off the glass. this sped the install up quite a bit. does anyone else do this? hope the tip helps. :blah

hard to say about that. what I was having luck with was the little pieces that seem to come from nowhere just when you think the edge is good to go. the alcohol seems to make the glass slippery or something and then of course it evaporates and the edge is clean and dry. give it a shot and let me know.

Guest VOLTRON

when ever I have a window with alot of silicone ouzing out of the frames I take my Hyde scraper, the 4inch single sided blade for removing film and run it up the frames. The blades are stronger so they dont always break like the triumph blades and it seems to get all the silicone off the window and the frame.

Archived