Tinted already tinted windows

Guest dominicana24

Guest dominicana24

I recently went in to get my windows tinted and the Moron who did the job placed the wrong % on the 4 door windows. I was wondering if additional tint could be placed over the already tinted windows or do I have to start all over again and get it stripped and redone.

Guest Makberto

Hello, Dominicana24!

Yes, adding a second film to a previous film is possible to do. Sometimes this approach is taken to achieve color effects, when using, for instance, two films of different colors (or top tint). Please read about this on my thread "A Way To Inprove Top Tint Films".

Good luck,

Carlos Albert Lacaye

"Disco Mak"

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

if you just got them done your going to want to let them dry and cure, 30 days would be good but if its cold I'd wait longer. make sure you take it back to him because it kind of sucks to put another layer on :DD because tint doesnt slide on tint like it does a smooth piece of glass, know what I mean vern. I've tinted 4 layers of limo on the shell of my buddys K5 blazer (no need for the rearview) so yes it'll just keep on stickin' but you gotta let it dry and clean damn good. :?

This tinter must be a complete moron and idiot. How else can you expalin him making an honest mistake and grabbing the wrong roll of film. Only to admit that he made a mistake after he realized it.

Look the guy messed up we all do ( not just tinters humans make mistakes) he was honest enough to tell you he farked up. Give the chance to make it right. I am sure by him admitting that he messed up. He was willing to fix his fark up.

It is customers like you that give other customers a bad rap!

Guest Ernesto
This tinter must be a complete moron and idiot. How else can you expalin him making an honest mistake and grabbing the wrong roll of film. Only to admit that he made a mistake after he realized it.

Look the guy messed up we all do ( not just tinters humans make mistakes) he was honest enough to tell you he farked up. Give the chance to make it right. I am sure by him admitting that he messed up. He was willing to fix his fark up.

It is customers like you that give other customers a bad rap!

[*]370890

Ha...that happened to us yesterday. We were so busy tinting and most of the cars wanted 20% but then there was this altima that wanted 5% and we accidently put 20%. Didn't realize until we were about to give the customer his keys back that we made a mistake so we offered the guy to come back on Monday to put another 5% over those for free.

Archived