SolarGard HP Ch. Orangepeel effect?

Guest Key West

Guest Key West

I've recently noticed that the sg hp char on my driver and passenger windows have an ever worsening "orangepeel" look to them. Anyone else notice this? Almost loke the adhesive is crystallising. :spit This is MY car, done with a sample roll sent to me about 2 years ago. I dumped SG after the initial debacle of NoShrink when Bekaert first took over. I used thier film since they were DTI and never had a problem until Bekaert took over. The sample roll shrank well, so I switched back. If this is going to be a problem, I shudder to think how many customer cars are out there with this film! :spit

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I install HP Charcoal everyday and no problems. it's on my car and it's been on my wife's car for almost 5 years with no issues like that at all.

HPCharcoal has been my favorite film for years until NR True Grey came around. now that shiat's the stuff I love. :spit

In the last year I have had three cars come back with rippling and shrinking :spit They were all done about four years ago. I used the Hp charcoal, it must have been a bad roll but since I've seen this I have been thinking of using the true grey :spit

I install HP Charcoal everyday and no problems.  it's on my car and it's been on my wife's car for almost 5 years with no issues like that at all.

HPCharcoal has been my favorite film for years until NR True Grey came around.  now that shiat's the stuff I love.  :lol

[*]370955

SG told me they see the delamination/ fingering issue I saw repeat itself

in a very small isolated area of the world

you know the place pretty well like me :DD

sore.jpg

bad roll maybe  :DD  I've stripped newly installed llullu, sung, #MCS.  all for the same reasons.  it's a universal problem occasionally IMO

[*]370956

I have one roll I sent back 3-4 yrs ago of J's that had orange peel texture out of the box

it was the only roll like that I ever saw from anyone since

I have stripped several orange peel textured, blurry adhesive failure films

including one just last friday

all of the film was from 2 1/2 to 4 years old, and from several different film companies

I have pix of that adhiesive orange peel distortion in an all metal sputtered ni-chrome about 3 years old

warr.jpg

and in a vapor deposited alumium HP from 2002

sore2.jpg

In the last year I have had three cars come back with rippling and shrinking  :hmmm They were all done about four years ago. I used the Hp charcoal, it must have been a bad roll but since I've seen this I have been thinking of using the true grey  :DD

[*]370972

I am thinking bad master roll :lol2 ....and nice to see you back Marco

bad roll maybe  :nope  I've stripped newly installed llullu, sung, #MCS.  all for the same reasons.  it's a universal problem occasionally IMO

[*]370956

:DD Not one manufacturer is imune to the occasional bad roll..

[*]371000

damn straight :DD

It doesn't matter what manufacturer anyone uses these days, the sun is getting more severe by the day and films are just not coping. :DD

You'll only ever be safe if you never take it out of the box....now that's a true "fair dinkum" lifetime warranty.

Devil

[*]371019

the 'ol dudes have it

its freaking laminated plastic vs. the SUN and gravity

its a wonder we dont have more issues than the isolated ones

after several years in the oven

Archived