How do You start play

Exact 13 years ago I delivered my firts window film rolle to Riga (may be it was 11 or 13 really foget :spit ). It was wild capitalism times here - and people thought I am clown (mainly thinking till now :lol2). It was 4 mil clear 60 x 300 (more than 100 m2) bought in Germany from Winfried Brux :thumb . Was very hard but we did it.

How did You start window film game? What was the reason?

Family business? Love cars? Love films? or what?

Best regards,

Leo

P.S. Attached my portrait and don't ask me post nek!d chickZ :lol6

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here I got the half nek'd chik pix for ya Leo :spit

...keeps the fellers interested

Gali

I started out in 12 volt car audio and security, and still play with wires every now and then.

I tried tinting way back on a chevy van, with just tint and a chizzler

....needless to say it did not go so well :thumb

then a few years later, this guy came into the stereo shop and made more than a weeks pay in 5 hours

I thought.....maybe there is something to slangin them papas afterall

I got in with a tint shop and learned the basics

and signed on with another shop as a tint dude

and studied here on ways to get better

and practiced on a few thousand cars

and finally have almost got it figured out

then I met a nice young goat

...and the rest is TD history

It started as a hobby, tinting family cars first, then friends, then teacher cars from school, then friends cars of friends and then I discovered security film, were you can actually make money if you know what you are doing. After having studied for 8 years (certified tool maker in molding technology and BS in mechanical engineering) I decided to open my own business, specializing in security film and tinted film. Every day I come home and say "Man, I love what I'm doing". I couldn't live in a country that does not allow window tint, period!!

Here is my new venture, Leo, maybe you are interested in this product.

animation-gif.gif

[*]371200

What is that a smoke machine or a Cheech and Chong car?

Either way I could use one.

As I've probably said many times before on here.

I got interested in tinting after I visited a local tint/ stereo shop and seen how rudely he treated customers and knew if I could tint I would give better service with smile to paying customers.

Then I found that I could apply my somewhat artistic style to glass and other substrates.

Now I can't get enough, designing, tinting and vinyling.

My start was when I needed material for a demonstrative speech due in one of my college classes.

Stopped by a local shop, gathered all the info I could and before going out the door asked if they needed any help. I was asked if I had done it before and I said, well... yeah!

They did not know it was only the back glass of a Chev Vega I drove at the time.

First day on the job the tinter (a woman) said to me after watching me attempt a cut, you really don't have experience, do you? I said... :beer just ambition.

Lunch that day they let me go, but before going out the door they told me about a shop on the other side of town that hadn't had a tinter for six month, try there.

I stopped by the shop the first tint shop had told me about and was asked there too if I had experience. I said, well... yeah, I worked at the place up the road for awhile.

First day on the job they gave me the film and keys to a Ford Fairmont St Wgn and pointed toward the shop area. 5 1/2 hours later I pulled the car to the front and they all came out and went around the car inspecting. They then came inside to tell me....

Nice job! You think you can pick up the speed a little?

Three months later I fessed up to the lie and the boss said it didn't matter... I was the best dammm tinter he'd seen in years and put me on straight commish of 35% and off minimum wage. It was April, 1980...

Shortly thereafter that company collapsed and I acquired their assets in exchange for owed back pay. I was on my own from there, but did continue college and worked part time at Sea Ray boats, nights for a couple years to keep the money flow up.

when I was 16 I had a nissan pickup that was lowered. I hit the minitruck scene with it. :beer tinted the windows myself to help the look of the pinstripes on the glass. :lol after that, friends wanted me to tint their cars and trucks. thanks to that minitruck scene I met my boss at a car show. he gave me a shot in late '87 and I've been tinting since.

My start was when I needed material for a demonstrative speech due in one of my college classes.

Stopped by a local shop, gathered all the info I could and before going out the door asked if they needed any help. I was asked if I had done it before and I said, well... yeah!

They did not know it was only the back glass of a Chev Vega I drove at the time.

First day on the job the tinter (a woman) said to me after watching me attempt a cut, you really don't have experience, do you? I said... :beer just ambition.

Lunch that day they let me go, but before going out the door they told me about a shop on the other side of town that hadn't had a tinter for six month, try there.

I stopped by the shop the first tint shop had told me about and was asked there too if I had experience. I said, well... yeah, I worked at the place up the road for awhile.

First day on the job they gave me the film and keys to a Ford Fairmont St Wgn and pointed toward the shop area. 5 1/2 hours later I pulled the car to the front and they all came out and went around the car inspecting. They then came inside to tell me....

Nice job! You think you can pick up the speed a little?

Three months later I fessed up to the lie and the boss said it didn't matter... I was the best dammm tinter he'd seen in years and put me on straight commish of 35% and off minimum wage. It was April, 1980...

Shortly thereafter that company collapsed and I acquired their assets in exchange for owed back pay. I was on my own from there, but did continue college and worked part time at Sea Ray boats, nights for a couple years to keep the money flow up.

[*]371249

Your ambition was admirable... Look where it got you! :lol

Archived