what would you do?

Guest Stratusrtrida

Guest Stratusrtrida

What approach would you guys take on getting some business? I am tinting from my home right now and I would like to start getting some cars? I was thinking of making flyers and putting them on cars at the supermarkets and other parking lots, high schools and so fourth. I was also thinking of putting an ad in the local paper. I think its like $400 to run it for two weeks or 3 weeks? Im not sure if that would be worth it yet? Any other suggestions? Thanks

Nick

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would suggest, NOT doing the flyers in the prking lot thing.

It just ends up as litter, that you can be made to pick up and pay a fine for.

Not a good way to start IMO!

Newspaper, phonebook or just get out there and shake it up with people by networking a little with car dealers and the general public.

Guest Stratusrtrida

ya, good point, thanks, I don't want to be responsible for picking up litter. But, I have a question about calling dealerships. When I call, who do I ask for, the manager? Do car dealerships usually need alot of cars tinted?...There is one place up in my area that tint and they just opened, so my chances are pretty good to take control of the dealerships in this area if I act quickly...Thanks, Nick

I would stop by, don't call; it's too impersonal.

Go by and start up a conversation with a salesperson then you could ask to meet the sales mgr.

But, the salespeople are the ones that do the up selling, so I would get to know them, keep stopping in and make yourself known.

make friends, friends help each other, I wouldn't offer any kickback or anything, just sell yourself, if you are a likeable person you will get biz from them.

Just do one thing for me, if you don't have a business license, get one.

Present yourself as a businessman, not a backyard start up. :beer

Guest Stratusrtrida

Oh I have a business license already, and I have a tax ID number and all of that. I am looking for a garage as well because I also do detailing. Im not sure if these dealerships do inhouse detailing, but maybe I could score some business with that as well. Who knows, maybe I can even score some garage space for short money if I do some of their cars for free every month? I think you are totally right about how to approach the dealerships. I will try and go buy a couple this week. thanks for the advice...Nick

Strat-no offense dude-but you havent officially tinted anything-except your own stuff-How can your tint skills be up to snuff for dealership work? You are getting the wagon in front of the horse!

[*]371260

Ambition! :lol

A trait or vertue that can make or break a person wanting to be in biz for themselves.

Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained. Right? :beer

Ambition is great-but to straight up practice on brand new cars for a dealership will lead to embarassment and a bad reputation!

[*]371269

Yea, I agree, but if that's a chance he is willing to take. :beer

I say go ahead! Car dealerships tend to have a short memory.

Believe me they even forget about the good ones if you don't keep your face around.

Since the sales mgr. seat is the closest one to the door in most places. You're always dealing with someone new.

Guest S and S

I have found that here its all word of mouth... No advertising in papers has ever paid for its self for me. Shake hands be friendly with a box full of business cards.

Archived