3M Color Stable Window Film

Guest ccpros1

Guest ccpros1

This film is so hard to not crease. I've never worked with a thinner film before. but when it's on it looks beautiful. simply the best looking film when it's on.

Anyone else use 3M film? CS is great for shrinking. but a b*tch to install?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

welcome dude :dunno

me ,tigerstripe, eclipse I know of use it and there are some more

Its alittle different but its like all films, once you get used to it there shouldnt be a problem at all

good luck

I use it and think it looks great. it feels thin and took awhile to get used to. I had trouble initially with shrinking harder backglasses. seemed like it would all of a sudden shrink too fast in an area. you'll get the touch for it.

willie wins again :dunno

I use it, and have learned to like it alot, D1 was right it does tend to shrink a little to fast at times, what I have found is set your heat gun to as low of a setting that will still shrink, an dgo at it a little slower,

CC do you dry shrink or wet?

and when do you have the most problems with it? shrinking or installing, when I started using it I used a blue max and would crease it on install, I switched to a yellow turbo first then follow with a blue max, havent had a problem since.

and welcome to the board :gasp:dunno

something I forgot to add. does anyone have trouble with the edges on backglasses using the cs? on a complex backglass I sometimes have trouble on install. it's like I didn't completely shrink to the edge. when the piece goes in I'll have to heat and push a spot or two on the edge for it to lay down. it's like the beginning of a finger that just won't go down. never had the issue with other brands.

something I forgot to add.  does anyone have trouble with the edges on backglasses using the cs?  on a complex backglass I sometimes have trouble on install.  it's like I didn't completely shrink to the edge.  when the piece goes in I'll have to heat and push a spot or two on the edge for it to lay down.  it's like the beginning of a finger that just won't go down.  never had the issue with other brands.

[*]371503

yes I ve had that problem, but Im now leaving the film a little longer before final trim and Mdogs method seems to help the #M a little more also

Im anxious to hear tiggers method on this I havent used the CS line long

I hope Eclipse sees this thread too and answers this good question

good point d1

I'll leave the edges long while shrinking. it's after my final cut sometimes I see something coming up. maybe I should just leave that alone and heat it on install. I've been heating the occasional "hiccupp" and pushing with a card pre-install(careful to not burn the edge). this is my only issue with cs, other than it being too dark for some vehicles in my state.

Archived