Sanding Dot Matrix

Guest CloudWalker

Guest CloudWalker

I have 1000 grit sand paper and have tried sanding the dots on two cars the last one was a 4dr Grand Prix '98 something. I wet the dots then sand the p1ss out of the entier matrix but it still looks horrible whats the trick?

Guest S and S

I had my First experience last week.. First off are using wet Dry Samd Paper.. Second I had to sand awhile plus I used 1500 Grit..

Guest SQUEEGEE
S and S Posted: Sun May 25, 2003 7:46 pm    Post subject:  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had my First experience last week.. First off are using wet Dry Samd Paper.. Second I had to sand awhile plus I used 1500 Grit..  

Tell me Clarice...did YOU use wet/dry sand paper for the first time? Yes? Did you cry when the sanding stopped?

TELL ME CLARICE!!! TELL ME !!!

--- Hannibal Tinter ---

:dunno

Guest SQUEEGEE

Sanding has no proven long term effect in my experience. I've sanded the dots on a Cavalier and didn't use glue and within a couple of weeks it looked like shiat.

I suppose perfecting the sanding technique is about like perfecting the corn cob wipe.

Why wipe with corn cobs in the first place when toilet paper is so much better, easily available and much more effective. It's also a kinder and gentler way to treat your arse.

:dunno

Guest CloudWalker

I agree squeeg at least about the glue is better but tried the sanding because of the problem I have with the glue. So go now young stallion and anwer my other thread on Glueing the Dot Matrix... Hi ho silver.

Guest S and S

We all have our ways..I usually dont sand (like I said my first time) and have never glued...usually just don't tint the dots at all but this was at customers request. :)

Archived