Llumar Vs Solar Gard

Guest High Octane Tinting

Guest High Octane Tinting

:thumb I have been tinting for about 5 years and all I've ever used is Llumar, I have decided to go with another brand because Llumar insist on raising prices every 2 months. I believe I'm going to go with Solar Gard, how does the price compare with Llumar, also I love Llumars ATR15 because it is an exact factory match, what is Solar Gards closet to factory film and how well does it match. Thanks for your help, its greatly appreciated.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest redneckj

Changing from LLumar to SolarGard? Whats difference? Well you are going to hate to srink solargard compared to LLumar. The llumar hard coat is the best in the business. Llumar film will dry out 10 times fasted than Solar gard. Llumar film is very clear, solar gard is very orange pealed in comparison. LLumastar film has a lifetime warrantee that even covers color change. So you are going to change??????????? GOOD LUCK!

Guest skeeter

Yeah guys, but at around $90 bucks a 20 inch roll you get a lifetime warranted hybrid from either Solar Gard, Sun tek or Johnson. Hell, I just got the $69 flyer for the 20 inch HP classic charcoal or Slate from Sun Gard. :thumb If you've been using a product successfully for 5 years and your main gripe is a price increase think long and hard about changing.....Llumastar ATR is real hard to beat. I've been using some 3M CS recently and oh boy what a pain to work with!

All I can say is I saw one of the first jobs I did with Solar Gards True Grey this weekend. At about 4 years old it looked like day 1, the car is never in the garage, and the owner(a friend of mine) was going on and on about how well it's held up...It's far from a perfect film, but you can put it on a friends car with confidence, and that's not a bad thing. It matches factory well too...Just some food for thought.

I sold and installed SG for twelve years b4 switching to LLumar. I will not switch back for any reason. If you want consistency in all aspects, LLumar is the film to have.

Also, do not jump to the conclusion that LLumar increases their price every two months. I would look toward the distributor not the manufacturer.

Ask your LLumar distributor if their price increases are in line with the minor, annual increases the manufacturers pass on from their increases in cost of goods sold.

I once heard someone say, "I can't sell LLumar at the prices I pay". All I heard from that line was, "I can't sell".

Yes, be leary of big biz, but also keep in mind that they grumble about the cost of their materials, too. :thumb

Guest thetintshop
All I can say is I saw one of the first jobs I did with Solar Gards True Grey this weekend.  At about 4 years old it looked like day 1, the car is never in the garage, and the owner(a friend of mine) was going on and on about how well it's held up...It's far from a perfect film, but you can put it on a friends car with confidence, and that's not a bad thing. It matches factory well too...Just some food for thought.

I agree OT. I never had any problems with true grey, and it was a good film to work with. if my distibutor hadn't rearended me like a big hairy backed prison inmate, I'd still be using it. but I'm glad they did, cause I really like the ATR.