Llumar Vs Solar Gard

Guest High Octane Tinting

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest advcarhifi

Your choice is your's . I never say this is bad or this is good.I have my own

preferences.Trust me this films are not easy to work with.But for me this are the best.Unique colors .

This training center deal CP has going on produces as many Sun Tek customers as Llumar. 

lots of guys become certified there, get exposed to the basics and NEVER even purchase ANY film from CP/Llumar I wish they'd be more selective in their class offerings

Skeeter,

Suntek and many others may benefit from CP's training program in the short term, however, long term is questionable with the new wannabe professional film makers.

What can they do to curb defection and deception by those going through training without going back to the old days of requiring an exorbitant amount of film purchases at the end of training or some sort of exclusive purchase agreement?

I would think it tough to regulate something like that without appearing gestapo-like.

Grass is only greener because one has their back to light. :thumb

Guest skeeter

I know monitoring the subsequent actions of those completing the class would be unrealistic. The hiree I spoke of was told he had to buy $700 initial order. Did'nt do it and bought elsewhere. A suggestion: for those in training from established loyal companies no requirements - just pay and come. For those with absolutely no connection (individuals) just seeking training require a 2 year contract that all purchases be from CP as part of the training agreement - with no minimum. At least the loyalty would be on paper and in the minds of those receiving training regardless of whether it is obided to or not. I just find it funny when a young CP films certified installer shows up at my shop a couple of months after class with SUNGARD all over his Honda. :shock

Do we really need more tinters?  Isn't the market saturated enough?  Keep pumping out these trainees and nobody will make a decent living at this biz......

:shock, that's why I want out so to speak :thumb

Do we really need more tinters?? Isn't the market saturated enough?? Keep pumping out these trainees and nobody will make a decent living at this biz......

:shock, that's why I want out so to speak :lol

I hear the other side of the coin, "shop owner/tinters are begging for a good installer cause they cannot keep up with the growth of their biz or have someone who blazes their own trail even while working for a shop and they want replace them with someone more reliable".

Tough situation with the 'me' generation as the bulk of a younger workforce (this is not intended to offend, it is however the perception of many an older generation).

:thumb

Edited by metint4u2

Guest David R.
On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2003 at 6:19 AM, oldtinter said:

All I can say is I saw one of the first jobs I did with Solar Gards True Grey this weekend. At about 4 years old it looked like day 1, the car is never in the garage, and the owner(a friend of mine) was going on and on about how well it's held up...It's far from a perfect film, but you can put it on a friends car with confidence, and that's not a bad thing. It matches factory well too...Just some food for thought.

So I have my family van tinted with Solar Gard and at 6 years the first of the many back windows is starting to bubble.  Now it is almost at 7 years and it is too hard to see out of them.  From paperwork they used Galaxie film on those windows.  As the customer, I would pay more for quality and not have to take my car back.  Before I just went with places that gave lifetime warranties, this is the first brand warranty that I have gotten.  I have taken every vehicle back to get re-tinted under the warranty.  I usually keep my vehicles for  around 12 years.