Best anchoring system (not 995 pleeeez)

Guest aceoc

I am probably not the only person that hates working with 995.

Is there a better option out there?

I saw the Pentagon Elite flexible anchor in the 44tools.com catalog which I thought was the answer to my nitemares with 995 but found out they were charging $5/lin-ft. Is there any other anchoring products out there that can relieve me of my cold sweats working with 995? Thanks a bunch.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doesn't Ace sell a glass attachment system for it's dealers? There is Framelok.

[*]372193

Yes, ACE has a glass attachment system for BMAG but I am hoping for something less drastic and economical for my customers. Thanks.

Guest VOLTRON

there is a new dryglaze I have used before that looks just like wetglaze but dry. It comes in 8 foot incraments and has double sided adhesive on both sides that bond to the frame and the glass and then there is a channel in the middle that u put a bead of 995 in for added adhesion. offers the same protection as wetglaze.

It is 87 times easier and 87 times less mess. It all looks uniform. You measure your lenghts and cut it like crown molding to match up in the corners.

And then there is framelock like climber said or there is framegaurd, gullwing, LluLlu makes an anchoring system that is in an L shape with double sided adhesive to bond to frame and glass.

hey ace.  I just  returned home yesterday from a 995 job and picked up some tips from another installer that really improved the appearance of my work.  what are some of the problems you're having?

[*]372246

Its just running and sticky and is a pain to work with. We tape off the edges and glass and we have a plastic spreader that we have notched. When we start the 995 shaping, it looks pretty good. Its once you get to the end that it starts looking bad and when you pull the tool off the 995, it sticks and just looks god awful. Thanks for the help.

there is a new dryglaze I have used before that looks just like wetglaze but dry. It comes in 8 foot incraments and has double sided adhesive on both sides that bond to the frame and the glass and then there is a channel in the middle that u put a bead of 995 in for added adhesion. offers the same protection as wetglaze.

It is 87 times easier and 87 times less mess. It all looks uniform. You measure your lenghts and cut it like crown molding to match up in the corners.

And then there is framelock like climber said or there is framegaurd, gullwing, LluLlu makes an anchoring system that is in an L shape with double sided adhesive to bond to frame and glass.

[*]372208

Can you give me more information on the gullwing and LluLlu double-sided tape anchor? Is LluLlu Llumar? I called and they said they only have Frame/Lok. Thanks.

same problems I've been having. it helps if whatever plastic tool you use lines up good with both inside edges of the two tape strips. use enough pressure to bend the plastic spreader. don't lift the tool at the corner, wait until you're near the middle and swipe it off of the bead. don't lift the tool straight away from the bead. getting the right amount of 995 on the glass is important and I still have problems with that even though I use an electric gun. if and when you get those stalactite pieces that hang down just come back later and clip them close with scissors when it starts to dry. sometimes I get that little strip of 995 parrallel to the bead with about a 1/16 gap. looks like crap. hold a paper towel tightly around a white card and push that bit of 995 into the main bead and, without lifting up, slowly go down the length of the bead and the edge will get more uniform. using 995 sucks. hope this helps.

Guest VOLTRON

from what I hear you are not supposed to have a concave application of 995. Its supposed to be flat not concave and by pushing down on the troul and bending it, it will cause a concave application and comprimises the integrety. :beer sound like a tech guy or something.

But when you get to the corners dont lift the tool just make the turn and keep going and when you get to the end push tool down into the corner and lift on the handle so you get a smooth caulk line into the corner.

As far as the dryglaze im not sure where to get it but I can try to find out. I am a contractor and it is givin to me to install I dont purchase the stuff.

Archived