Anyone Get Discouraged?

Guest LindsayTint

Guest vclimber

Hang in there this is the slow season. Everyone that needs window film is putting it off right now because it is not hot. For some reason consumers equate hot with time to buy. Wait til it hits 70F and then BOOM! :lol2

That BOOM! will only happen if you've done your part, though.

Are you in the yellow pages?

Are you talking to glass companies and interior designers?

Are you doing flyers/ doorknob hangers consistently?

My biggest piece of advice is this:

Don't overestimate the value of any one job.

10 years from now, when you are still around, you'll realize that doing/not doing some big, juicy office building didn't make or break you. If you get the big nice jobs, then great, but if not, hang in there.

Don't overestimate the value of any one job.

10 years from now, when you are still around, you'll realize that doing/not doing some big, juicy office building didn't make or break you. If you get the big nice jobs, then great, but if not, hang in there.

[*]373211

:lol2 I can attest to this philosophy... was one to go out and do one or two windows with no hesitation... a few years after I was awarded the contract for the entire building (35K sq ft total).

Network:

Chamber of commerce functions, luncheons and the like (be a member)...

Window fashion businesses...

Interior decorators (tough group to get in, but well worth the effort)... mentioned already

Energy management firms...

Building managers...

Glass companies... mentioned already

Builders...

Re-modelers...

Furniture stores...

Carpet outlets...

Home associations...

AC/heating companies...

Do this in the down time, make sure you have yellow page representation and the work will come around. Takes money to make money and it takes effort on your part to get the business flowing your way. Don't be an order taker sittin' by the phone waiting for the ring.

Guest Key West
Hang in there this is the slow season. Everyone that needs window film is putting it off right now because it is not hot. For some reason consumers equate hot with time to buy. Wait til it hits 70F and then BOOM!  :beer

[*]373184

Oddest thing... I get more flat glass calls in the winter here. Sun is lower in the sky? No leaves on the trees? More glare, definately!

Oh....BTW, don't quit yer day job just yet :thumb

Guest TintDrNewYork

I agree advertise don't wait for the phone to ring you go where the monet is chace the money for now then in a few years if you are doing the right thing your phone won't stop ringing. I used to tint windows and then I hired alot of people now I just sit on the computer all day and answer the phone !!! Advertising pays off big time !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived