GLUE???

Guest Stratusrtrida

Guest Stratusrtrida

Hey guys, so im hearing from people on here that you glue the matrix? I understand its because you want it to stick. But how do you go about this process? What kind of glue do you use? I have a tinting video I purchased awhile back on Ebay. It pretty much goes over all the basis. They used 400 grit sand paper to hit the matrix with. I haven't heard anyone on this site talking about that. I was just wondering if people did that or not? I have black vinyl but in my opinion I think it might look like ass. I can't say I have ever seen one close up but I can visualize it in my head. Glue seems like it would make a mess abd possibly damage someone's vehicle. The sand paper method seems to be the easiest, more efficiant method.

Nick

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sytran666

I use vinyl, it looks fine. I would imagine all the grit left after sanding would cause alot of contamination, since its at the top and everything runs down. Not sure if a squeegee would get all of it since the matrix is sort of bumpy. I dont know though, never tried it.

Hey guys, so im hearing from people on here that you glue the matrix? I understand its because you want it to stick. But how do you go about this process? What kind of glue do you use? I have a tinting video I purchased awhile back on Ebay. It pretty much goes over all the basis. They used 400 grit sand paper to hit the matrix with. I haven't heard anyone on this site talking about that. I was just wondering if people did that or not? I have black vinyl but in my opinion I think it might look like ass. I can't say I have ever seen one close up but I can visualize it in my head. Glue seems like it would make a mess abd possibly damage someone's vehicle. The sand paper method seems to be the easiest, more efficiant method.

Nick

[*]373187

from the totw forum

I have tried a lot of matrix tricks

glue rulez IMHO

:lol2

Guest Stratusrtrida

humm...I guess lll have to expeirement myself ands see which method I prefer more. The glu method does look fairly easy, easier than I thought anyways...Thanks

Nick

Archived