back glass of an Eclipse

Guest tish

Can anyone give me some advise on how this is to be done? I am trying to so it in one piece and I have never done this type of window before. I have been told to try doing it with two pieces. Do I cut the pieces vertical or horizontal? CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!! I have done all the windows except this one and it is a real b*!&h!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintgod

what year is it?...if it is a older body style lets say 2000-2005

my best advise to you if you have never tinted one and you are not a pro....take it to a pro..that will do it right and have it look good :bling

my best advise to you if you have never tinted one and you are not a pro....take it to a pro..that will do it right and have it look good :bling

[*]373315

:bling

Not a car for newbies. If you do seam it, seam it horizontally, following a defoggerline to hide the seam. You're still going to have to shrink the hell out of it even in two pieces.

It is a 1995. I can't really afford to go to a pro or believe me I would have done that at around 1 o'clock today!! Thanks for the advise. I'm not sure what it means to wet shrink? can you give a quick run down on that?

[*]373315

:bling

Not a car for newbies. If you do seam it, seam it horizontally, following a defoggerline to hide the seam. You're still going to have to shrink the hell out of it even in two pieces.

[*]373317

Guest tintgod
It is a 1995. I can't really afford to go to a pro or believe me I would have done that at around 1 o'clock today!! Thanks for the advise. I'm not sure what it means to wet shrink? can you give a quick run down on that?

95 is still a tough one even for some experienced tinters...it really wouldnt be worth the headache and frustration to do it yourself dude...im just being honest with you..save your money on wasted film and time throwing sheit around..and save up to have it done by a pro

When I do the dry shrink method, do I keep both the tint and the glass completely dry and if so how does it anchor? These may seem like dumb questions but I am a first timer for glass like this. I have previously done my 99 mustang and I also did my 95 t-bird. Talk about easy, then I come to tackle this import and I am on the verge of going back to smoking!!!! :bling

but if your still willing to try it..read this. http://www.tintdude.com/heat-shrinking.html

[*]373327

Archived