back glass of an Eclipse

Guest tish

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can shrink film to the sides......not all the way to the edge, because it will burn, but that is beneficial on these back windows. On the Eclipse back glass there is at least a three inch border on the sides. Cut Your film on the sides almost to the edge of the glass. Leave a few small fingers on the side of the glass, to lessen the "bulk" in the top and bottom shrink. Once You finish shrinking the top and the bottom, shrink the small fingers to the side (yes they will shrink) and then BURN the edges. Burning the edges draws the film tight to the sides. thumb.gif

Heres a picture of a GTI that I used this method on. Notice the sides of the film.

IMG00081-20090730-1041.jpg

oh sweet. will try it out.

Guest tint51
I just anchor one line in the middle, that car is easier if you make the anchor a bit higher on the back glass to reduce the size of the fingers...

I can understand that. I didnt really get it tho. It seemed like the bottom was more curved than the top but the bottom turned out flawless and the top was a trainwreck :twocents

OR try anchor only on the sides about 2in. in the center ,so it can move the most.. this works for me.

sideways shrinking!! about 6-7 yrs ago I posted a tip for that shrinking on the sides sometimes even toasting them..pass the black border line. On a site called Gr8tints I think some dummy e-mailed me saying I'm crazy blah blah..Been doin that on all the cars!! beer.gif

Archived