Will this thing go away after more drying?

Guest Rob9000

Guest Rob9000

Hi....I got my windows tinted yesterday. Today I noticed this creased/web like thing on the rear window. It looks like there is too much slack in the tint in that area. Will this go away? Below is a pic of it. The horizontal lines are the defroster wires. I left a message for the guy who did the tint, but no response yet since it is Sunday.

tint_thing1.jpg

:thumb

Guest VOLTRON

no it will not go away, if you take it to the tint shop tommorow thier might be something he can do to fix it but if you wait to long it will have to be redone.

It is a small crease and can be heated out but it has to be attended to quickly.

Guest Rob9000

I spoke with the installer today. He seemed a bit frustrated that I am calling with issues so soon (hasn't dried all the way yet). He said wait a week and then call him. I would think he would want to see it now to avoid having to re-do the entire window later.

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

just let it dry like he said....gets so old customers not letting it dry and wanting instant perfection with an aftermarket product. after it drys in the sun for a week like explained it will be very easy for the installer to use a air release tool (pin) on that thick defroster line and hard card those lines out. since its dry he may not even need a torch if not he can always heat it and im sure you wont even notice those, if thats your only complaint on an entire back glass in reflective you are lucky :twocents

Archived