When to Cut

Guest LindsayTint

Guest LindsayTint

I was curious as to peoples preferences on when to do the final cuts. I have heard of people doing the final cut after installation on the glass and some prefer to do the final trim before installation by leaving the liner on and placing the rough cut film on the glass and when the final cut is done then applying the film on the glass. Which is the best way?

Guest tintgod

there is no best way...there is your way..and if you can get it done right and clean...that is all the matters.

man...that was really hard to type out.. :)

cuz I know my way is the best way.. :lol

Guest windoworx

Never hear of doing a final cut before installing except on thick security film.

I pretty much reverse roll most everything. Bla bla, final trim, final squeegee and bump.

Guest LindsayTint
Never hear of doing a final cut before installing except on thick security film.

I pretty much reverse roll  most everything. Bla bla, final trim, final squeegee and bump.

[*]373734

"Bump"?????

Guest windoworx

"Bump"?????

[*]373780

Wrapping a paper towel around a hard card, pushing toward the outer edges to remove any water to be absorbed by the paper towel. I'm sure you know the technique, but call it something else.

Depends on the window and its temperature (is it hot)...

French pains (pardon the pun) I precut (trim to fit) with liner attached no matter what film type.

Otherwise... lay up film, squeegee to within a couple inches of the frame or gasket, trim to fit, squeegee another time all the way to the frame or gasket and bump (aka dry out, finish out, wicking the edge, etc).

Or... lay up film, squeegee once vertically to lock film in place, trim to fit, lightly squeegee over entire film, then a second aggressive squeegee pass, and bump (best for me when glass is hot).

Archived