!llegal Tint...Insurance Issues

Guest Joyride

Guest Joyride

This was mentioned in a recent post but I didnt want to hijack the guy's thread so I'll ask it here...

If you have your windows tinted !llegally (below 50% in the front for me-OHIO) and get into an accident, your insurance company won't pay for the damage? Is this really true? I never really thought about that. Paying a ticket from the cops is something I can deal with. Totaling my car and being completely screwed because of my tinted windows is a different story...

Anyone know where I can find some solid info on whether this is actually true?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Joyride

Ok just talked to Progressive - they claim that it won't matter how dark your windows are tinted if you get in an accident. They'll still pay for everything.

Sure would like to have that in writing, though.

Ok just talked to Progressive - they claim that it won't matter how dark your windows are tinted if you get in an accident.  They'll still pay for everything.

[*]373880

I double dog dare you to ask for it in writing and when you get it please post it here with a legit contact number to verify it so I can post pictures of it snowing in hell :woowoo

Guest vclimber
Ok just talked to Progressive - they claim that it won't matter how dark your windows are tinted if you get in an accident.  They'll still pay for everything.

[*]373880

That is the pre-accident response... wouldn't you buy insurance from a company if they said "sure do whatever you want to your windows... who cares if it's !llegal, we'll cover it."?

My guess is that the post-accident response from the company will be "It doesn't matter how dark your windows are tinted if you get into an accident as long as you are not trying to file a claim with us." :thumbdown

Guest Joyride

Well even if I get 50% put on the front windows, with the factory "tinted glass" its gonna read darker than 50%.

So basically a person can't get their windows tinted at all unless he wants to risk being totally screwed. How do you stay in business then?

Archived