Store Front Lettering Effects on tint

Guest LindsayTint

Guest LindsayTint

This commercial job I might be getting is a storefront type business. On thier three 4ft x 8 ft windows they have 6" vinyl lettering on alot of the window. Will this cause uneven temps after the tint is installed? It faces the west and gets alot of afternoon and evening sun. I am worried about glass failure, forsee any problems? They are dual glass IG clear, commercial grade, les than 2yrs old.

IMAG002.JPG

Guest LindsayTint
How much space on the glass is covered by the lettering. What type of film are you using? Is there any other type of shadowing? ie. awnings, trees, overhangs...

[*]373906

As far as the amount of lettering, Its the business name and etc prob 20 % of the window the lettering is like bubble letters about 6 inches tall/wide. No other shadowing. Probably would recommend LLumar dual reflective series 35 or darker if I am able. What do u think would be the best choice. I dont think Silver would look good.

Guest LindsayTint

The lettering is on the outside. I did not look to see if it was tempered. I think the DR 35 will help with the heat and glare problems. Do you think the LLumar neutral greys would work as well? How good does the neutral grey work on Glare? Do people who lease buildings have to get permission from the owner before putting window tint on?

Archived