Did you wipe?

Guest Braud Spectrum

Guest Braud Spectrum

I was tinting a car the other day and had cleaned and prepped and was fixing to apply the film on there and suddenly a huge water drop plopped onto my film. :evileye It didn't come from the usual area I wipe before the final squeegee...it came from the top of the rubber that surrounds the frame. I forget what kind of car it was but it was smooth rubber up there and not the usual fuzzy kind, and there were at least a half a dozen water stalactites fixing to plop besides the one that got me. :wall So don't forget to wipe that off too after the wipe across the top edge of the glass. :duck

This is one of those things that you should just make a habit off. Before I run my final squeegee across the glass before install, I run the entire frame with a towel real quick, then I squeegee off the glass, and spray for install. Takes a second, and helps control a potential problem.

Good tip BS :thumb

Guest grubby
I was tinting a car the other day and had cleaned and prepped and was fixing to apply the film on there and suddenly a huge water drop plopped onto my film.  :beer It didn't come from the usual area I wipe before the final squeegee...it came from the top of the rubber that surrounds the frame. I forget what kind of car it was but it was smooth rubber up there and not the usual fuzzy kind, and there were at least a half a dozen water stalactites fixing to plop besides the one that got me.  :beer So don't forget to wipe that off too after the wipe across the top edge of the glass.  :music

[*]374221

I wish that I could get that through to some of my tinters, I always see them prep the window and then weed it from the plotter and after all of that then they just spray the glass and the film and install it. and then they wonder why they have dirt in the tint. It is well worth the extra time it takes to wipe the rubber. Just as important as it is to duck tape felt channels. Good Thread

Archived