Door Hangers

Guest LindsayTint

Guest LindsayTint

Here is something I recently did. Its just your average Printshop Door Hanger, but I attatched a tint sample at the bottom to give the potential customer something to feel and see, perhaps stroke.hehe Sets it apart from the hundreds of other door hangers that dont make it past the thier garbage can.....I hope...

IMAG003.JPG

Guest windoworx

OK, from what I can see, looks nice. The only issue I would have is the word "fading".

The problem is you can not guarantee/warranty the effects of fading. You know someone down the road will call you saying you ad says "no fading" and will want you to compensate them. I do think most people associate film with prevent fading so it is implied in their minds. Perhaps, "helps reduce the effects of fading". :lol6

If you hand out 1000 of them, I am sure you will get calls.

Guest LindsayTint

they look good from what I can see...what did it cost to make them up?

[*]374778

[/quot

I made them with Microsoft PrintShop. Made them 3.66" x 8.5" so three could fit on one sheet. Took the master copy to Office Max and used 67# card stock and made 100 copies (which gives you 300 door hangers) for around 10 bucks including the card stock paper. The Office max person at the counter cut them in three's in two quick cuts. And if you want to make a door hanger hole, just buy a 1" hole punch, where ever you buy scrapbooking supplies and use sissors to make a cut to the hole to allow u to hang over the door knob. You can also use a reg hole punch if u just want to hang them on those little hooks on peoples mailboxes. If it werent !llegal to send u a copy of the printshop program I would. <wink>PM me I will tell u how to get it.

Guest LindsayTint
OK, from what I can see, looks nice.  The only issue I would have is the word "fading".

The problem is you can not guarantee/warranty the effects of fading. You know someone down the road will call you saying you ad says "no fading" and will want you to compensate them.  I do think most people associate film with prevent fading so it is implied in their minds. Perhaps, "helps reduce the effects of fading".  :lol6

If you hand out 1000 of them, I am sure you will get calls.

[*]374750

It does not say anything about a guarantee, "We are here to Help" I always tell them in person during the estimate that most all films block 99% of UV rays which is the biggest culprit to fabric fading.

Guest tintgod

they look good from what I can see...what did it cost to make them up?

[*]374778

[/quot

I made them with Microsoft PrintShop. Made them 3.66" x 8.5" so three could fit on one sheet. Took the master copy to Office Max and used 67# card stock and made 100 copies (which gives you 300 door hangers) for around 10 bucks including the card stock paper. The Office max person at the counter cut them in three's in two quick cuts. And if you want to make a door hanger hole, just buy a 1" hole punch, where ever you buy scrapbooking supplies and use sissors to make a cut to the hole to allow u to hang over the door knob. You can also use a reg hole punch if u just want to hang them on those little hooks on peoples mailboxes. If it werent !llegal to send u a copy of the printshop program I would. <wink>PM me I will tell u how to get it.

[*]374850

naw...im good...its alot easier for me to just order them for JWF...they are only 9 bucks for 100...and there real professional looking..not saying your arent

Guest LindsayTint

naw...im good...its alot easier for me to just order them for JWF...they are only 9 bucks for 100...and there real professional looking..not saying your arent

[*]374855

Are they JWF marketing stuff or are they more custom to ur business name? I use mostly LuLu and the only thing they offer is a trifold professional looking brochure which cost about 17cents a piece and you have to either stamp ur business info on the back or a business sticker on the back. Post a pic if u have one. I like being able to use bright color'd hangers to catch peoples attention.

Guest DontWorryItWillDry

LTint, I just want to cry :beer You remind me of me when I was first starting out on flat glass. In a few years, you can cry also after realizing all the bs in this industry. :thumb j/k dude.

But for realz..... door hangers with tiny samples rubber cemented on them is how I started. Can't do it anymore because my body won't let me. After a few years of door hangers you will evolve into other forms of more expensive advertisement. But good job for now! :beer

Guest LindsayTint

LTint, I just want to cry :beer You remind me of me when I was first starting out on flat glass. In a few years, you can cry also after realizing all the bs in this industry. :thumb j/k dude.

But for realz..... door hangers with tiny samples rubber cemented on them is how I started. Can't do it anymore because my body won't let me. After a few years of door hangers you will evolve into other forms of more expensive advertisement. But good job for now! :blah

[*]376526

Yeah doing door hangers does suck, but yah gotta do what u can afford and hope it was all worth the time and effort doing it. Handing you a tissue... :lol when I am abl :beer e to shell out 500 to a thousand bucks for advertising, I will know I have made it in the biz :lol2 Oh and yes I have seen some BS lately

Archived