Contamination Control

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tinterjim

Never went as far as an air cleaner, but a damp floor will help. I sweep my floor evey morning to cut down on dust. Seems to work for me, maybe it's all just psychological :twocents

Guest tinterjim

My floors are painted... sorta... :twocents I need to do it again, but I've been too busy to close long enough to do it. After the first 2 ars my floors are wet anyway and they usually stay that way till I leave.

Have you guys ever took you hand and just slapped it on the Seat or Door panel of a Car,then lookinto the Light of the sun and seen what come from most cars. 95% of your Contamination Come from the Car it self.

Our Shop is a Plain old Metal building buit in the late 70's . I share the 6000SFT with a Heating and Air Company. and what Contamination I do find Is always from the Car it self. From in side the Frames from under the headliners and or from the Rubber of the Glass.

When you Climb into that car you just disturbed the air in the car.

And We pull Panels when we can.Duck tape felt on the side when needed , Cover up Suede, Remove Windows that easly come out. And I can Still Find a Spec or 2

You will Never get rid of it. It's Called Luck if yyou do Find a Window With out a Spec.

95% of your Contamination Come from the Car it self.

Bullshit. :twocents:lol:lol2

It's actually 99% of the contamination comes from the car, get your numbers straight. :dunno

Clean rooms, bunny suits, latex gloves, respirators, filters, funnels, fans, misters, etc are a waste of money and effort because all that "clean stuff" is going to be full of crap the moment you pull a car into your bay.

Yes, there is the occasion that something falls from the ceiling, gets kicked up from the floor, etc, but it's not enough that it will make a difference and besides.....you will never know for sure where that piece of contam. came from. You could of just flopped your cleaning job on the glass and left it there from the get-go.

One thing that helps (if you are using them) is to take all your trigger sprayers outside, and run them over with a large truck. Pressurized spray bottles are an awesome way to better control when flushing the edges out, not to mention it saves your hands from cramping up. The trigger sprayers work great for some, and I used them for a couple years, but man did the pressurized spray bottle ever make a difference!

Guest Key West
Are your floors painted or just concrete? I sweep to but I swear sprayin the floor is more than phsyco try it works! or least thats what the voices tell me :lol2

[*]375430

I take it that NONE of your release liners or scraps hit the floor then. Thats good! :lol Because the first time your feet come out from under you from slipping on a wet release liner, you'll get REALLY @nal about it. Wet Floor + release liners/film scraps = SERIOUS injury! :twocents

I have trash cans near all 4 corners of the vehicle, NOTHING hits the floor!And I squegee the floor after each car, I channel all the water runoff from the peel glass into a bucket. NO water on the floor for me. Good theory, but sux in practice, for me at least. And I get good clean results by sweeping and keeping the peelboard clean. No dirty cars get into my shop. they bring them to me washed. If the interior is nasty, I let 'em know that they need to get it detailed, or live with the results. :lol

99 % of all contamination comes from either you, or the car. :dunno The voices are lying!!!

Guest tinterjim
Are your floors painted or just concrete? I sweep to but I swear sprayin the floor is more than phsyco try it works! or least thats what the voices tell me :lol

[*]375430

I take it that NONE of your release liners or scraps hit the floor then. Thats good! :lol Because the first time your feet come out from under you from slipping on a wet release liner, you'll get REALLY @nal about it. Wet Floor + release liners/film scraps = SERIOUS injury! :twocents

I have trash cans near all 4 corners of the vehicle, NOTHING hits the floor!And I squegee the floor after each car, I channel all the water runoff from the peel glass into a bucket. NO water on the floor for me. Good theory, but sux in practice, for me at least. And I get good clean results by sweeping and keeping the peelboard clean. No dirty cars get into my shop. they bring them to me washed. If the interior is nasty, I let 'em know that they need to get it detailed, or live with the results. :lol

99 % of all contamination comes from either you, or the car. :blah The voices are lying!!!

[*]375463

All my scraps and release liners are either in the trash can or on the roof of the car. I try not to let anything hit the floor. I've done some skating in my day.... :dunno

Archived