jeep wrangler help

Guest keepitcool

Guest keepitcool

can someone give me a little advice on what you guys do for those hydrolic arm knobs that are on the back window. this is a new wrangler and they changed the arms on them. the older wranglers had the arms down lower on the window. these arms are located almost middle of the window. and the old onesdidnt move very much when closing. these new ones rotate and move as the window is closed alot more than the old ones. I think im just going to have to cut around the entire knob and leave a bit of a gap. I already took the window apart and took the film all the way behind the knobs the first time I did it, but it crunched a couple daYS AFTER. never had that happen on the older ones. any advice?

Haven't seen a new one yet, but the last one I did, I took the glass completely out of the vehicle, and then when I put it back in, with the help of a couple of people, I did it wrong, and POW! Shattered the window. Ended up being a free job because the cost of the window= the cost of the job.

The mistake I made was angling the glass too high when I fastened the hinges on.

If the new strut mounts twist a lot, then I'd say just cut a gap.

Guest tintgod

have you tryed heating up around the buttons really good before putting them on?..some time this work..and sometimes it doesnt

or just cut around them a little big ...and a little black paint will do the trick..

Guest tinterjim

After you do one of the new ones you have to tell the customer to not open that hatch for atleast a week. I had the same problm, but leaving it closed seemed to help. :twocents

Okay take the window apart like yo got it then lay the film and squeege real good let it sit for a half hour or so then hand tight the shock assembly and trim out the ciircle then romve hand tightened pieces and ciircle of film and put it all back together :twocents

Try heating the area real well, then before you put it back together add a little dab of vaseline or some other lubricant. I do this all the time, seems to relieve tension on the film.

Try heating the area real well, then before you put it back together add a little dab of vaseline or some other lubricant. I do this all the time, seems to relieve tension on the film.

[*]375560

I remember the 1st TJ I ever did back in 97, and had the same problem on the first few. I ended up doing the usual heat etc but then what I did was use some loctite on the nut and NOT tighten it all the way so it was just a tiny bit loose. The loctite kept it from the bolt from loosening any more over time. It seemed to be just enough to keep the twisting from messing up that tint.

I had the same problem with ONE client with a caravan in the early 90's with electric rear windows. He opened them EVERY frikkin time he got in and out of the van (heavy smoker) even in the dead of winter. I replaced them twice, then gave up and cut around them. The gap was tiny and he bitched about it. Offered to remove the tint and refund $. Never heard from him again.

Guest Beeline

:evilgrin

Okay take the window apart like yo got it  then lay the film and squeege real good let it sit for a half hour or so then hand tight the shock assembly and trim out the ciircle then romve hand tightened pieces and ciircle of film and put it all back together  :shock

[*]375551

:beer

Archived