few tips?

hey all, new here....

I have been reading the forums for a few months now and have a few questions.

I have been tinting for about 3-4 years, and now starting to do it profestionaly.

I have a good grasp on most windows... I did all my own cars.. and just did my first back glass on my 06 ford fusion. but there are a few things that really get me.

ok question 1

the small 1/4 windows on the rear doors that have no matrix... what is the best way to cut them.. ether I under cut it or I over cut it and spend 30 min. pushing the corners down. is there any short cuts, or tricks that you have??

#2 when needing to cut the rear window in 2 peices do any of you use a guide to cut along the defroster line or do all of you free hand it? do you cut it before you shrink it or after??

#3 when doing the rear window when I start to heat the fingers I read that I cant shrink the vertical fingers... well then how do I push them out to make then vertical??

Thanks

Ian Trottier

B.R.I.T.E. Works

I know that is is really not the way to ask some questions, as I am a moderator on a few different forums.. but I have seen how much you all have helped other people here.. and I figured that you all wouldnt have a prob. with a 3 part question... :please

Guest darkdan

freehand and eyeball how much room you have to work with.

I make an H pattern. Tack it down in the middle and on both sides and now all the excess is at the bottom or top.

Otherwise all you have to do it gently "rotate" the finger up or down.

on the fixed window(if there is no black border and you're not removing the glass). cut the top and one side on the outside. put piece on inside(don't peel yet), squeeggee down and cut the other two sides. clean up the corners on the board.

on the shrinking: read the forum archives. reread.

Guest Shwusyrtnts_Gurl

I'm not sure I understand is the quarter glass like a Nissan Maxima is that what you're talking about by no dot matrix?

I guess it has all rubber around right?

cut real good on outside. beforing doing it on the inside, trim the rubber with your olfa all around. sometimes you dont need to. install. after installing if you get excess film overlapping. simply squeege around and just trim out the excess film all around :please stuff you ought to know even if you have 3 yrs experience

So not to be a ass but I went and looked at one of these cars today and dont see anything being a problem? :gasp

Dude I could of tinted this car after two years I mean it wouldnt be great work but I could of done it and after 3-4 years like your info says and you cant figure out shrinking the rear window HANG IT UP BRO!!

like I said my ford fusion was my fist one peice rear window..

I have done about 20 cars for free, favors for friends in that 4 years of tinting.. and all the rear windows I did was 2 or more peices...

about 4 months ago me and my buddy decided to start a detail, tint and accessories shop... so now I'm at the point of doing it profesonaly, so now it has to be done right.

I will have to try the outside inside trick for the 1/4 windows!! thanks darrin1

and thank you all that have had positive comments and responses :rollin

Archived