Double protection

Guest carbontc

Guest carbontc

Has anyone tried double protection using 8-mil inside and 4-mil outside + glaze coat?

Madico Specs:

SR-440-XSR-8MIL (inside)

CL-400-EXSR-4MIL (outside)

= 12 mil protection + glaze coat (inside only).

Has anyone work on this sammich before? :coffee

Guest SHOMEURTINTS
That is double the work. The only reason I'd do that is for graffiti protection on the exterior. Try 12 to 14 mil on one side and cut your install in half.

[*]377171

Installing security film on the outside doesn't double the protection. The film is designed to allow people to push out so they are not trapped inside the building. The film only protects when force is generated from the outside in towards the film. Applying film to the outside will crumble in on the first blow unless you are looking for graffiti. Double your thickness to the inside, which is designed to absorb the impact the correct direction. :coffee

Guest carbontc
is anyone willing to pay for all that work?

[*]377172

Yep, I done this work for a company who charged nearly $17sq/ft for a 271 sq/ft job. Their costumers were elderly people and they wanted extra protection.

This company made great income. Me too. :gasp:gasp

Has anyone tried double protection using 8-mil inside and 4-mil outside + glaze coat?

Madico Specs:

SR-440-XSR-8MIL (inside)

Has anyone work on this sammich before? :gasp

[*]377169

This is much better decision than 12 mil, IMHO. Outside & inside installation is the best idea in places where it is possible. Outside film don't allow glass pieces to fall down. We use it everywhere where we can....

That is double the work. The only reason I'd do that is for graffiti protection on the exterior. Try 12 to 14 mil on one side and cut your install in half.

[*]377171

It's different mechanic, believe me, we made a lot of tests, REAL.LIFE tests, not lab missile experiment or clown tricks with :gasp

[*]377171

Installing security film on the outside doesn't double the protection. The film is designed to allow people to push out so they are not trapped inside the building. The film only protects when force is generated from the outside in towards the film. Applying film to the outside will crumble in on the first blow unless you are looking for graffiti. Double your thickness to the inside, which is designed to absorb the impact the correct direction. :gasp

[*]377174

I think I can discuss this matter - outside & inside much better than inside only. GRAFITTI - marketing trick IMHO...Now I understand it...

Guest metint

Madico Specs:

SR-440-XSR-8MIL (inside)

Has anyone work on this sammich before? :gasp

[*]377169

This is much better decision than 12 mil, IMHO. Outside & inside installation is the best idea in places where it is possible. Outside film don't allow glass pieces to fall down. We use it everywhere where we can....

[*]377354

[*]377171

It's different mechanic, believe me, we made a lot of tests, REAL.LIFE tests, not lab missile experiment or clown tricks with :gasp

[*]377356

I installed 7 inside and 4 outside on plenty of entry doors in my day... no anchoring and it worked much better than a single layer inside, no matter the thickness.

Single layer inside daylight install allows a tempered piece to be knocked out with its weakness along the edge.

Sandwich the glass between film, day light install grips the tiny glass surface on each piece of broken tempered, allowing it to stay in the frame much stronger and longer than a single day light.

Had this very scenario happen at a store in Naples... single piece they were in rather quickly... sandwiched it took a seventeen pound rock and over thirty seconds for the thieves to move one edge open enough for a finger to slip through.

Archived