passenger window problem

Guest benjamin

Guest benjamin

So I've tried to tint the passenger window of a 2001 tahoe about 5 times now and each time I run into a new problem. I either cut it to short to big or I have trouble getting it into the front and back (tucked in). I've done all the other windows with not to much trouble, but this window seems to be evil and does not want to be tinted. Can I ask for help now!!!

Guest willie

yeah ask away

if you've done the driver side then you ought to be able to get the passenger side

keep pluggin

did you have a question in mind?

Guest benjamin
yeah ask away

if you've done the driver side then you ought to be able to get the passenger side

keep pluggin

did you have a question in mind?

[*]377524

not really, but on a scale from 1 to 10, how difficult is the tahoe window considered?

Guest chino

are yoou doing the window w/panel on or off...???

panel on butt the factory edge to the bottom of the moulding on the outside leave an inch or so front and back.... sgueegee anqor mark front and back... front flush with plastic on mirror edge... mark rear in three or four places on the vertical edge leavin about 1/16th extra to tuck in the rubber...pull bottom away from glass... roll down about 3-4 inches...cut top and about three inches down back/top corner... put on peeler and finish cutting front and back...

Guest tintgod

you can take the windows out..it take me about 2 minutes..take the panel off and roll the window all the way up..there will be two ten mm bolts DCP_0836.jpg..that hold the window in a clamp...loosen them..dont take them out DCP_0837.jpg ..then..roll down the window3/4 of the way down...grab the window friom the top edge of the glass..an lift up on it...tilt the nos of the window down into the door..while lifting the back edge up and out of the window track

DCP_0832.jpg

this is how I do them...it is really easy once you have done it a few time..and they come out super clean...and a perfect trim around the whole glass

this may be something you may want to try when you come more experienced

these are the one trucks like most chevys, where I dont take anything out on! not even panels!!!!!

easy like a mofo. most it takes me to do them on there is an hour. doing good work. just gotta know ur stuff man. taking windows out is always better though.

line your film up on the bottom edge... cut the front and shift it forward about 1/4 of an inch... set the window with your hard card... cut the back bottom inch-two... only because it shifts out slightly... roll your window down about an inch or two and trim your top and curved edge... install as always...

these are simple...

Archived