Argh...some advice please

Guest Scuff

Guest Scuff

Hello...I'm having a hell of a time with my tint on my 06 Accord Coupe...I brought it in for a tint in january and it was a ****ty job that had creases, spots all over where the vinyl goes over the dot matrix and even the incorrect film on the vehicle...I brought it in to be redone this week...they put the correct film on this time but now there are still spots all over where the vinyl goes over the dot matrix...I know that a lot of the spots where the tint is goes away after a few days but my experience is that the spots where the vinyl did not get pressed down enough? over the vinyl is does not go away...Please tell me is this just not doable to have it nice and dark over the dot matrix or what? I have seen this done before so I'm thinking the shop I am going to is just incompetent...Is there anything I can do? ugh I almost dont even want a tint anymore this is so aggrivating....Also it should be noted that they did not have the vinyl ready when I was driving to pick up car and it was done in about 10 minutes tops...should it take longer to do this? is this why it look so bad? argh sorry to vent...ill stop typing now...

unhappy customer

Guest zolar
Hello...I'm having a hell of a time with my tint on my 06 Accord Coupe...I brought it in for a tint in january and it was a ****ty job that had creases, spots all over where the vinyl goes over the dot matrix and even the incorrect film on the vehicle...I brought it in to be redone this week...they put the correct film on this time but now there are still spots all over where the vinyl goes over the dot matrix...I know that a lot of the spots where the tint is goes away after a few days but my experience is that the spots where the vinyl did not get pressed down enough? over the vinyl is does not go away...Please tell me is this just not doable to have it nice and dark over the dot matrix or what? I have seen this done before so I'm thinking the shop I am going to is just incompetent...Is there anything I can do? ugh I almost dont even want a tint anymore this is so aggrivating....Also it should be noted that they did not have the vinyl ready when I was driving to pick up car and it was done in about 10 minutes tops...should it take longer to do this? is this why it look so bad? argh sorry to vent...ill stop typing now...

unhappy customer

[*]377677

it may have some residue left from the old vinyl

we could speculate, but even with pictures

the best course of action for us...

..is to humbly reccomend you take it back to that shop

and discuss your concerns with the owner and tinter

I understand your grief, but we cant fix it over the PC

and it degrades the site, and the industry to beat up on other shops work

good luck with your Accord :bingo

Guest Scuff

unhappy customer

[*]377677

good luck with your Accord :bingo

[*]377686

would you like for all the posts to be positive ones on here? would that help the industry? I think its a viable question if there is anything that can be done with the dot matrix...if shops are unable to do this correctly they should tell you this up front...

Guest zolar

unhappy customer

[*]377677

good luck with your Accord :dunno

[*]377686

would you like for all the posts to be positive ones on here? would that help the industry? I think its a viable question if there is anything that can be done with the dot matrix...if shops are unable to do this correctly they should tell you this up front...

[*]377687

I completely agree, but we step on industry toes when we talk smack abot another shop's work

........in the past, not knowing who did the work, some of us have smacked down one of our fellow members,

without knowin the whole story

only to create serious tension amongst ourselves

out in the other forums we talk serious smack

...but in the comsumer forum, we try to keep it helpful and informative

without a lot of mud slinging

for the record, I glue the matrix with awesome results

here is an '06 Accord coupe from my shop

md10_finished.jpg

:bingo

for the record, I glue the matrix with awesome results

here is an '06 Accord coupe from my shop

I?m with Zolar with the glue for the matrix, it just looks so much better than vinyl (just my opinion!!!!!!!!! Not that it means anything is wrong with vinyl). In my shop we paint the matrix so?????????? there are lots of ways to skin a cat. My tinters are sub contractors so it?s their choice?????????..hmmmm

:bingo:dunno

Guest metint

[*]377686

A long, lost virtue with many today...

Vinyl, glue, paint, black urethane primer, no tint in matrix are the options I am aware of and as with any method or technique, can be mastered by those who have an understanding of film installation.

Take it back, would also be my suggestion...

Archived