o5 grand cherokee /front w/s

Guest dumplin

Guest dumplin

Has anyone done an eyebrow on these vehicles ? This particular car had a triangle shaped widget on the front glass right above the rear view mirror , a plastic cover popped off easily and then there are 2 spring steel clips on either side holding it on . Only popped one loose and the whole shebang came off and I unplugged it as well as the rear view . What is this mystery thing ? Just a heads up on this thing , I used a halogen to backlight and it came out nice and clean .

Guest idealrides
Has anyone done an eyebrow on these vehicles ? This particular car had a triangle shaped widget on the front glass right above the rear view mirror , a plastic cover popped off easily and then there are 2 spring steel clips on either side holding it on . Only popped one loose and the whole shebang came off and I  unplugged it as well as the rear view . What is this mystery thing ? Just a heads up on this thing , I used a halogen to backlight and it came out nice and clean .

[*]378268

It's actually a color video camera, part of a factory option called "SmartBeam Headlamps" ... the camera sees what kind of lights are in front of the car and dims the highbeams accordingly. It can tell the difference between red taillights, oncoming white headlights, etc.

Guest idealrides
Has anyone done an eyebrow on these vehicles ? This particular car had a triangle shaped widget on the front glass right above the rear view mirror , a plastic cover popped off easily and then there are 2 spring steel clips on either side holding it on . Only popped one loose and the whole shebang came off and I  unplugged it as well as the rear view . What is this mystery thing ? Just a heads up on this thing , I used a halogen to backlight and it came out nice and clean .

[*]378268

It's actually a color video camera, part of a factory option called "SmartBeam Headlamps" ... the camera sees what kind of lights are in front of the car and dims the highbeams accordingly. It can tell the difference between red taillights, oncoming white headlights, etc.

Archived