Power window goes down by itself and stops working

Guest benjamin

Guest LARRY61
Ok,

I tintined the windows ona 2001 mazda protege and a couple of day later the owner said they were driving the car and the passenger window went down by itself, and the motor quit working. Did I cause this? or was it a bad Coincidence?  :DD

[*]381683

I have seen wires pinched in the boots where it goes from the body to inside the door,sometimes these wires will be bare and cause power windows to do funny things.

Guest tintgod
That water you sprayed on the glass went to the same place that rain water goes....in the door panel and out the bottom.

I'm sure you are in the clear.

[*]381719

that is true to an extent...it all depends on if he has the door panel off and seal out...or...if he is a tucker

with the door panel off and seal out...wene flushing the window down..and depending on how far down the window is...the motor MAY got wet more then it would if he was a tucker..and flushing the window..granted...this all depends where the motor is mounted..on the inside of the door skin..or the outside..I believe most are on the inside though.

when tucked..most of the water will run to the sides and run down the side tracks..in return..not getting the motor wet as much or at all in some matters.

im not saying you did it..just giving my :DD on how it could have happen and how it couldnt have happened

Actually, the Nissan Maximas were notorious for this same thing as well as other Nissans. It may be that the Mazdas have the same type windows. They are called regulators by the parts dept., the windows are basically operated by a wire & when that wire finally breaks the window just falls down about halfway & it's over.

I had a '93 Maxima for many years & had 2 windows to do just that. I wouldn't offer to fix it because they are not cheap.

Guest Jeephelp101

Replaced window regulator and window switch on a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee window will go down but not up what's next