Tinted i.g. units

I tinted a few tempered 1"trapezoid I.G. windows in a pizza shop several years ago with SG True Grey 6, at the owners request. I bet him they would not last based on the rule of thumb. I did not get my free pizza! They are still there and look good, facing south west, 1/4 shade due to awning.

Guest vclimber
you think I don't follow the charts either?  I haven't been doing it this long by slackin' on jobs or misleading customers.

[*]383009

So I can't ask anyone in this forum additional questions or give them another opinion in order to help out without catching flack from you?

Guest vclimber
and dont flatter yourself by thinking my 'flack' was aimed directly at you  :beer

[*]383028

Go look back at the top of this thread. Who shot who? :beer

and dont flatter yourself by thinking my 'flack' was aimed directly at you  :lol

[*]383028

Go look back at the top of this thread. Who shot who? :beer

[*]383029

actually we posted at basically the same time :beer I started replying before you had responded. just good timing on my part :lol

So you are applying film to the annealed side? It is always good to consider your glass dimensions, altitude, max temperature, glass condition, and very importantly whether or not you have shadowing.

In the case of exterior tempered/ interior annealed, the tempered is not counted because it is exterior and film will not be applied to it.

[*]382995

Thanks, this is what I was looking for, I wasn't sure if you still go as high as 50% on surface four, with the first pane tinted. Most people around here dont apply film to tinted I.G.

Your right Blade , sometimes people are to worried.

I had 7 broken windows in 20 years( and 3 times the window was alrady bad before applying the film) and apply all reflective films

on flat and donot look at the kind of glass.

We have plenty of degree variations in a short periode.

Don't worry to much :beer

Archived