project evo 8

Guest nautiboi73
full HKS exhaust system.  3" from the turbo all the way to the back

IMG_1581.jpg

[*]388539

nice :gasp

but I always thought that you wanted to keep the Exhaust temps kinda high being that hot air is less dense than cold and moves quicker when hotter. Wouldn't the 3" give the air time to expand and cool slightly before getting to the end of ths system? I mean we know that there is more engery in colder dencer air hense teh whole Intercooler. but hot air will move faster than cool. right?

full HKS exhaust system.? 3" from the turbo all the way to the back

IMG_1581.jpg

[*]388539

but I always thought that you wanted to keep the Exhaust temps kinda high being that hot air is less dense than cold and moves quicker when hotter. Wouldn't the 3" give the air time to expand and cool slightly before getting to the end of ths system? I mean we know that there is more engery in colder dencer air hense teh whole Intercooler. but hot air will move faster than cool. right?

[*]388562

yes and no. depending if you are running turbo, naturally aspirated or nitrous. depending on your set up depends on what you are going to run. for us we cool the charge with the intercooler but relieving some pressure in the exhaust we allow the turbo to spool up faster and boost without lag. on the temp, we use a wideband o2 sensor that will let us know what the temp in the exhaust is so we can make adjustment the air fuel ratio. theres alot more too it and its hard to explain

Guest nautiboi73
full HKS exhaust system.? 3" from the turbo all the way to the back

IMG_1581.jpg

[*]388539

[*]388562

yes and no. depending if you are running turbo, naturally aspirated or nitrous. depending on your set up depends on what you are going to run. for us we cool the charge with the intercooler but relieving some pressure in the exhaust we allow the turbo to spool up faster and boost without lag. on the temp, we use a wideband o2 sensor that will let us know what the temp in the exhaust is so we can make adjustment the air fuel ratio. theres alot more too it and its hard to explain

[*]388566

I'm not a dope, I understand what you are saying. Was just wondering about the 3" that all. I have only seen 3" applied to intake and have heard to stay way from it with exhaust because of what I stated about the temps. but I am sure that there are application for 3" other than just desiel

it makse sence now that you say u say it about the spool w/o lag and being about to adjust that A/F ratio just waned to know exactly why. :lol2

Guest Sprinter

3 inch is the standard for improving the engine in a turbo car the hotter the exaust the easier the turbo will work.

I see Injen and HKS

I would of went with Injen all the way around.

Archived