Tint Dipping?

Guest Matt99

Guest Matt99

A few questions...

1) Is it possible to have this done so I don't need to deal with film?

2) If so, where can I have it done?

3) How expensive is it?

Any help is appreciated...thanks!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest thetintshop

I don't know, never tried it. seems like if you chewed a spearmint lifesaver with the tint it might be similar to skoal.

Guest Matt99

http://autowindowtintings.com/main.cfm?action=faq3

Question:

What is the difference between after-market tinting and factory tinted windows?

Answer:

Some truck and sport utility vehicles come from the manufacturer with glass that has been darkened using an electrical process called "deep dipping". This "factory tinted" glass is a dark shade but does not protect the interior of your car from the sun?s heat or damaging UV rays as well as after market window tinting. Major film manufacturers have formulated tinting materials to closely match the factory tinted glass allowing the front door windows of some truck and SUVs have window tint with a legal matching shade. It is also possible to apply after market window tinting over factory tinted glass to make the windows darker and to improve performance.

The above is what I'm referring to...

Guest Eazytint

if you are talking about taking a clear piece of glass and making it like a piece of factory tinted glass, I dont think it can be done for any reasonable price.

And yes you may hear people refer to getting windows dipped. Usually in this form: "yo dawg dont put tints paper on that you gotta dip that so it dont turn purple and crizzzzap out". There is a reason why no one dips windows, a few reasons if I remember correctly. Anyone remember them?

Besides that quote you provided shows why one would not want that type of tinting on most windows.

Guest Olfablade

The old "Flow Tinting" was a resin that would crap out and crack and craze after a few years. No scratch resistance, and would tend to be darker at the bottom of the window. 25 year old technology :lol

Guest thetintshop

what you're talking about can't be done aftermaket. the tint in the windows that come from the factory is added to the glass the same way the green is added to the clear. the glass was never clear at one time, there is no dipping, there's no "coating" and it can't be taken off. it's made that way when they made the glass, and it's complete crap and they should stop doing it because it's misleading. it offers no UV protection and actually makes the car hotter instead of cooler.

some people use different terminology than others and it messes with peoples heads. "chemical smoke", "smoke", "dipping", and the like are all just ways of car salesman to get you to spend money on something you think is "new technology". if it's aftermarket, it's tint.

what you're talking about can't be done aftermaket. the tint in the windows that come from the factory is added to the glass the same way the green is added to the clear. the glass was never clear at one time, there is no dipping, there's no "coating" and it can't be taken off. it's made that way when they made the glass, and it's complete crap and they should stop doing it because it's misleading. it offers no UV protection and actually makes the car hotter instead of cooler.  

some people use different terminology than others and it messes with peoples heads. "chemical smoke", "smoke", "dipping", and the like are all just ways of car salesman to get you to spend money on something you think is "new technology". if it's aftermarket, it's tint.

yep

Guest tintslut

Haw Haw HAw,, I usually get this question from the old farts who insist

they have had there windows dipped... Truth is, I Know there lying,

and when you call them on it,,,they never provide evidence of dipped glass.

Even when offered a $500 reward, they cant show proof.

THERE is an ice cream joint, abouta mile from muh crib,, went in dere

2 weeks ago, dis place be old.. Looked at some of the tints on da windoze,

Low and behold, 2 of them were flow coated!!! The coating was old,

but no evidence of peeling flaking or crakkin. It looked better than a

3 year old piece of dyed film. I think Solar-MAX, a DTI distributor outta

Texas ( at least they were 10 years ago) sold or still may sell the poly flow

coat. Last time I checked, they didnt sell the equipment, but just the

poly itself.

Guest S and S

Ask Yourself This---- Why do the tintz if no protection???????????? AND IF and only IF it could be done probably run you a ton!!!!!!