Practiced tinting windows today

Guest Ernesto

Guest Ernesto

OK I tinted today and I got lots of scratches...I used some cheap film though that I bought off of eBay for $30 (to practice). I got like three big scratches on each window. I mainly used a blue 3m hard card without a sleeve. Im assuming the sratches came out because of the 3m card without the sleeve. Im still waiting on my order to come in from 44tools (sleeves and new stuff)...do you guys agree that the scratches were caused by me not using a paper towel or not using a sleeve?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ernesto
I'll second that motion :shock

[*]396690

Don't understand what you mean by "that motion" (im still new to this site)...You mean me not using a sleeve?

Get yerself a yellow turbo and a crush or a bluemax and keep them clean.

Using a hard card to squeegie down the film is going to scratch. Hard cards are for finishing the edges, not securing film.

AND, always wrap your hard card. :shock

Guest Ernesto
Get yerself a yellow turbo and a crush or a bluemax and keep them clean.

Using a hard card to squeegie down the film is going to scratch. Hard cards are for finishing the edges, not securing film.

AND, always wrap your hard card. :shock

[*]396707

:lol6 Just learned some thing new...I thought I could use a 3M card to get the water out...I don't need to wrap a yellow turbo, right?

Guest Ernesto
Its not Klingon film-you cant scratch it with a brick!!!!! :shock

[*]396712

I have a 4" Blue turbo squeege on the way from 44tools...guess ill be using that most of the time or do you guys recommend the yellow?

Archived