Window Tinting Perfection

Guest zane

Guest zane

Okay, I've had my car to the tint shop three (3) times because the tint job that they did showed up later on to be full of dirt or felt from the windows edge. The debris shows up quite badly, especially on a black car. The third time I even brought to the tint shop an extra rear window! Yes, I bought an extra window to be tinted outside of the car. Even with this extra rear window out of the car, it is still full of inperfections. The shop is a great shop and only does high end cars. It is a sealed and air conditioned building. They only use Lumar film. I mean, is it at all possible to get a tint job without so many flaws on the windows, air bubbles, dirt, ect? This is a show car and I want the windows to be as "choice" as possible, but some have informed me that it is near impossible to get that factory tinted look with films. Is this true? I've seen cars with even cheap films look better than this so called "high end job." And I'm not going around slamming tint shops, either. I know that they tried hard with this car. But it seems to me that I am missing something here. And I do know that you cannot get everything absolutely perfect...but close would be nice, especially since your car is on the cover of magazines, ect. Any info would be appreciated.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest zolar

Porche owners emit negative ions

which attract minute positive charged dust particles

you either need to switch your mental polarity .......

...or buy a toyota

:lol

Guest zane
what year is your porsche  :lol

[*]396975

It's not a Porsche, it's a 1980 bmw 528i, fully restored, this month's cover car for Performance BMW Magazine.http://www.performancebmwmag.com/That said, there is nothing on the car that is not new, so dirt contamination from the older car syndrome can be ruled out.

I know if someone brings by a car by that was tinted somewere else I know I can do alot better I will tell them and be prepaired to back it up, on the other hand if it is an acceotable tint job I will be the first to let then know it is a good job and there just being @nal :lol

Archived