3M Prestige films

Guest darkdan

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pmuzik
Yes. .we should let this topic alone since it seems corrosive. .

[*]401163

:finger: always seems like some always get their p@nties all bunched when the big red machine is brought up :spank

Guest vclimber

[*]401163

:spank always seems like some always get their p@nties all bunched when the big red machine is brought up :lol2

[*]401167

:finger: Big Red Marketing Machine?

I don't know, but it must interest a lot of peope because the post count was below 300 this morning when the amazing claim was made and now it is over 500. :spit

We signed on to become a Prestige dealer. Of course, we have always primarily used 3M.

:finger:

The Prestige line is expensive but all of the films look really good, and the numbers are decent as well. They are designed to compete with the Huper/HiLite/Spectra Select/ V Kool type of products. Some shops do very well selling the high end films, some don't want to deal with the higher cost of having to inventory the film.

[*]397578

Hi, Readyman.

I have a small compagny in Denmark, and I want to buy 4 rolls of 3M Prestige 70 to start with. Can I buy it from you, or do you know, where I can buy it.?

Kind regards Denmark

[*]401120

Hi Denmark, I am much closer to You - I am from Latvia, and I am not sure that such expensive product is best for start...Just my opinion......There are lot of cheaper products exact in Denmark.....

Guest pmuzik

[*]401163

:spank Big Red Marketing Machine?

[*]401168

So whats your point VC ? and WTF is wrong with marketing :finger: are you a film rep in disguise ?

Guest willie

[*]401163

:klingon Big Red Marketing Machine?

[*]401168

So whats your point VC ? and WTF is wrong with marketing :klingon are you a film rep in disguise ?

[*]401209

:klingon but yet to admit it :eyebrows

Guest vclimber
So whats your point VC ? and WTF is wrong with marketing :eyebrows are you a film rep in disguise ?

[*]401209

I am not a rep and I have absolutey no problem with marketing so long as it is done in a way that does not mislead customers into thinking that they are getting something that they are not.

pmuzik is this a true statement?

"The improvement of SHGC at a more acute angle of incidence raises the Prestige 70 performance higher than the silver stacked films."

Guest vclimber

So whats your point VC ? and WTF is wrong with marketing :klingon are you a film rep in disguise ?

[*]401209

:eyebrows but yet to admit it :klingon

[*]401240

There's a few people around here that know I am not a rep. But so what... even if I was a rep is what I have said here misleading? :klingon

Check out this page :

http://www.sunsetglasstinting.com/pages/heat.html

My only point is that technology will drive sales of these 3M Prestige non silver metallic films. Primarily based on the performance of these films combined with the fact that the negatives of stacked silver films have been eliminated.

Further silver and iridium are precious metals and hence expensive and chemically unstable in oxygen environments. The edge seal issue is obviated, the cell phone interference eliminated and since these Prestige films are based on multi-layered optical films the pure quantum physics of light (photons- - breaking Brewster's Law) simply lend themselves to increased performance at as the angle of incidence becomes more acute. No tricks. .that's the reason why the 3M Optical films can be used for privacy screens, etc.

As for marketing. .the BIG RED was chosen as the 3'rd most innovative company in the world by Boston Consulting- -see Business Week:

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/conte...17/b3981401.htm

Nanotechnology combined with Innovation. What a terrific time to see the industry get away from the old technologies and move into new innovative areas. Think of the possibilities??

Hi Ho Silver. .Farewell!

Guest vclimber
Check out this page :

http://www.sunsetglasstinting.com/pages/heat.html

My only point is that technology will drive sales of these 3M Prestige non silver metallic films. Primarily based on the performance of these films combined with the fact that the negatives of stacked silver films have been eliminated.

Further silver and iridium are precious metals and hence expensive and chemically unstable in oxygen environments. The edge seal issue is obviated, the cell phone interference eliminated and since these Prestige films are based on multi-layered optical films the pure quantum physics of light (photons- - breaking Brewster's Law) simply lend themselves to increased performance at as the angle of incidence becomes more acute. No tricks. .that's the reason why the 3M Optical films can be used for privacy screens, etc.

As for marketing. .the BIG RED was chosen as the 3'rd most innovative company in the world by Boston Consulting- -see Business Week:

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/conte...17/b3981401.htm

Nanotechnology combined with Innovation. What a terrific time to see the industry get away from the old technologies and move into new innovative areas.  Think of the possibilities??

Hi Ho Silver. .Farewell!

[*]401246

I'm not knocking new materials. Innovation is good for all of us. You just can't say something performs better when the #'s say otherwise. Let me ask you, does that BTU meter test give a customer as accurate picture of the film's total solar performance such as SHGC and Shading Coefficient (SC) measurements do?

Archived