3M Prestige films

Guest darkdan

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pmuzik

:klingon:klingon:klingon:eyebrows OK VC I'm not gonna get into a pizzing contest with you over what are or are not accurate marketing statements by ANY film manufacturer that subject has created turmoil here for the DUDE in the past so lets leave it alone. But do you really think the Big Red legal dept. would let that be put out there if it could not be backed up. Is weather you agree with it or not relevant ? and besides if you tell your customers that the statement is NOT TRUE how is that marketing tactic for whatever product you use not misleading when YOU don't have ALL of the data 3M generated regarding the performance values of their product ? If you don't like em fine don't use their products but dayuuum let it go already.

I see in alot of your posts you like to use acronyms. Here is another one for ya STFU

Guest vclimber
:klingon  :klingon  :eyebrows  :klingon OK VC I'm not gonna get into a pizzing contest with you over what are or are not accurate marketing statements by ANY film manufacturer that subject has created turmoil here for the DUDE in the past so lets leave it alone. But do you really think the Big Red legal dept. would let that be put out there if it could not be backed up. Is weather you agree with it or not relevant ? and besides if you tell your customers that the statement is NOT TRUE how is that marketing tactic for whatever product you use not misleading when YOU don't have ALL of the data 3M generated regarding the performance values of their product ? If you don't like em fine don't use their products but dayuuum let it go already.

I see in alot of your posts you like to use acronyms. Here is another one for ya STFU

[*]401259

I think you just don't want to answer the question I asked because you already know the answer. :klingon So go ahead, toss your acronym out for me to learn how you feel I should and should not post. You're real professional...

Whatever Big Red wants to put on their website is one thing but for a member to come in and post false information here is another. I do not have all of 3M's data but enough is publically available to determine that the statement made was a lie. TD is not going to get sued because I refuted some member's misleading statement, that is not libelous conduct. If it was Llu Llu, Bekeart, HO, V-Kool, SG squared, JJ, Hanita, or any other brand I would've asked the same question too, I have nothing personal against MMM. Besides, are you so ignorant that you do not think that other companies have not already disected the Prestige line and every other film line out there and made performance comparisons? Alot of guests read this thread, I would assume some of those are consumers trying to find factual informaton, why let them be led to believe otherwise?

Not sure what the remaining questions are?

The Prestige films have the performance and they do it without silver . .ergo no edge sealing, etc.

The films provide great solar heat rejection with high VLT (70)

These films do fuction better off angle - -as a percent increase much higher than the silver-rottos.

They dry much faster. MUCH FASTER.

They are easier and faster to install (labor time-squeegee)

They are available in 6ft width

They are less expensive -even before you add the edge seal

There is a 15 year commercial warranty

They are backed by a Dow Jones Blue Chip Company

The UV rejection is plus 99.9%- -I was being nice before.

The Prestige comes in a 60, 50 and a 40. .

The UV inhibitors are in the film and the adhesive. .if that is an issue for some?

Prestige can not corrode- -or oxidize. .

I believe the word is. .INNOVATION,

"The only source of profit, the only reason to invest in companies in the future is their ability to innovate and their ability to differentiate."

-- Jeffrey Immelt, CEO of GE

:eyebrows

Guest vclimber

[*]401276

Here you missed these two:

pmuzik is this a true statement?

"The improvement of SHGC at a more acute angle of incidence raises the Prestige 70 performance higher than the silver stacked films."

Let me ask you, does that BTU meter test give a customer as accurate picture of the film's total solar performance such as SHGC and Shading Coefficient (SC) measurements do?

Guest pmuzik

[*]401276

Here you missed these two:

pmuzik is this a true statement?

"The improvement of SHGC at a more acute angle of incidence raises the Prestige 70 performance higher than the silver stacked films."

Let me ask you, does that BTU meter test give a customer as accurate picture of the film's total solar performance such as SHGC and Shading Coefficient (SC) measurements do?

[*]401277

Well GooooooLee I guess I just don't know VC after all I'm unprofessional and ignorant per your last post.

Guest metint

Let it go VC (aka Eric... :spit:spit )... trust me... it IS counter productive to give too much information. :spit

In their promotional material it states nothing of superiority over another product, it only says it is 'unsurpassed'. It's not better, but it's not less than either.

Fact of the matter is, Southwall innovated window through heat mirror for VKool and then ceramics for Huper Optiks.

Those that have like film products followed suit only after reverse technology through dissection showed them how to.

'Innovation' in Ag stack and ceramic films has occurred something to this order:

Southwall/VKool

CPFilms/Vista VS60, VS70

Southwall/Huper Ceramics

CPFilms/AIR75, Vista V75

CPFilms/FormulaOne Pinnacle

CPFilms/Vista V40, V50

CPFilms/AVS60

Bekaert/Hilite

3M/CS

Bekaert Hilite 2

Madico/MACeramics

Bekaert/Quantum Mega