Who would do it?

Guest LindsayTint

Guest LindsayTint

I got a call today from one of the BIG commercial tinting companies this AM asking if I wanted to subcontract on a commercial job on approx 600 windows most the size of 91x61 and offered me 70 cents per sqft with them supplying the tint. I thought that was quite low and said I couldnt do it for less than 2 bcks sqft. Would any of u jumped at it for 70 cents?

Guest vclimber
I got a call today from one of the BIG commercial tinting companies this AM asking if I wanted to subcontract on a commercial job on approx 600 windows most the size of 91x61 and offered me 70 cents per sqft with them supplying the tint.  I thought that was quite low and said I couldnt do it for less than 2 bcks sqft.  Would any of u jumped at it for 70 cents?

[*]397835

Depends on if you are sole proprietor and the only installer or are you going to put an employee on the job? How much business are you going to give up during the on-season to complete this job? Is it worth it for .70 sq ft?

Guest tintman AZ
I got a call today from one of the BIG commercial tinting companies this AM asking if I wanted to subcontract on a commercial job on approx 600 windows most the size of 91x61 and offered me 70 cents per sqft with them supplying the tint.  I thought that was quite low and said I couldnt do it for less than 2 bcks sqft.  Would any of u jumped at it for 70 cents?

[*]397835

Comes out to about $27.00 a window. Not to bad, especially if you could do it during the off season.

I'd do it... depending on how much is in the way of the windows. If they are pretty much easy to get to, then yeah. Especially if it wouldn't get in the way of other jobs. ie. downtime.

Need help? :finger:

RoAcH

Guest darkdan

Considering the massive amount of windows that is....I most likely would have.

But I'm poor. I'd have taken $7 a window because I need money and I'm a hizzo.

However, IMO, that is low.

Guest LindsayTint
I got a call today from one of the BIG commercial tinting companies this AM asking if I wanted to subcontract on a commercial job on approx 600 windows most the size of 91x61 and offered me 70 cents per sqft with them supplying the tint.? I thought that was quite low and said I couldnt do it for less than 2 bcks sqft.?  Would any of u jumped at it for 70 cents?

[*]397835

Depends on if you are sole proprietor and the only installer or are you going to put an employee on the job? How much business are you going to give up during the on-season to complete this job? Is it worth it for .70 sq ft?

[*]397840

From what I gathered he said some of his crew would be there, and yes I am a one man crew. I figured if he is calling others he must be in a desperate situation and just trying to low ball me. I sure he is charging the customer at least 8-10 dolla sqft. Then again what do I know....lol Maybe I will get a call back with a higher rate.....Oh and the other kicker is it has to be done after 6pm which isnt a big deal for me....

Guest LindsayTint
you should do it so you can  put your own work on your website :finger:

[*]397895

Damn dude u are killing me :krazy That was like a long time ago and was just starting out and making my first site and have since put my own work on thank you...Let it go bro and stick to the topic

Guest willie
glad u r making progress :krazy

[*]397898

progress alright he's moving right up the hack a sack tint ladder

begging for film cause his supplier told him no so he can tint vehicles illegally

lots of class :finger:

Archived