Flushing with water before intallation

Guest chip01

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest benjamin
How many of you guys flush the window down with normal water after your usual cleaning (ie razor blade) then give it it quick squeeggee off then mist with solution then install. Just heard of quite a few people doing it and the quality of there work seems really good next to no specs.

Cheers Chip

[*]398016

on framed windows I tape around the rubber and I get alot lest dirt, next to nothing really, but I also don't use too much water so my tint doesn't move around as much. Less movement means less chance for dirt to invade!

Guest tintgod
How many of you guys flush the window down with normal water after your usual cleaning (ie razor blade) then give it it quick squeeggee off then mist with solution then install. Just heard of quite a few people doing it and the quality of there work seems really good next to no specs.

Cheers Chip

[*]398016

Less movement means less chance for dirt to invade!

[*]398071

not always the case.. :bingo

Guest naughtydog

When you have flushed, do you then squeegee or do you mist a little slip onto the flushed window and soak your film and install?

When sliding the film behind the rub rail or when tucking rubbers, what do you do when you have mounted the top half, when you raise the window, do you just flush side to side with slip at the bottom or with plain water.

Sometimes, when you raise the glass to install the bottom, after install I get some specks caused either by my cleaning? or something coming from the rub rail that my flush did'nt remove - very annoying. Puling panels is the only way around this I think.?

The worst is when you have shrank the film on the outside and when installed, you still get a finget that sucks up dirt from the rub rail - this really pisses me off!

Has anybody encountered problems with flushing doors?? Due to electrical items in the doors?

All this talk of flushing - I know need a :p1ss

Naughty

Guest willie

Dude

Try a little bit of all of them above until you decide what you like

I forgot -I also tape all felt like Mdog

I also run a hard card down the edges wrapped in the blue towel on the old chiatt

and Im like Zo -I'm ankle deep in water after I flush before sticking

You just have to see what works best for you but all the methods above will work :bingo

Guest stgllc82

my cousin in law told me always flush with plain water because it dosent stay on the glass like ur slip solution will. all the dirt jst runs off better.

Guest stgllc82
Does that work ok if you are leaving the panels on ?

[*]398117

I pull some planels depends if its easy to come off or if its real tight gasket. :copcar , reverse roll do top half of window first with liner still on the bottom half, shave top edge roll window up and then flush the bottom half with slip solution pull liner and flush the film also. then stick. I get like 1 or 2 specs of dirt only on the edge. aslo depends on the car. sometimes when the doors are opend dust comes from inside the car so u gonna have to mist the inside to keep it down. dont let the custom. see u doing it lol I had a chick go nuts on me for that.

Guest walestint

I just try and imagine I am a peice of contamination hiding in the sides, I transpose myself into their psyche and imagine where they are and tease them out with slip...I then stick on a blindfold and hope for the best! :lol6

IMO if youre lucks in your lucks in, if its gonna glisten with a speck its gona happen, I follow all previous posts and still get wound up by contamination, but I try not to let it get to me

For my own sanity I just accept that its part of the job so a redo is required, if it goes great first time that that even better, but it gets a bit wearing if youre redoing the same window a few times in a day :copcar

trouble is it makes youre work look like you havent bothered to clean the window!

Sometimes I find less water helps :lol6

I just try and imagine I am a peice of contamination hiding in the sides, I transpose myself into their psyche and imagine where they are and tease them out with slip...I then stick on a blindfold and hope for the best!  :lol6

IMO if youre lucks in your lucks in, if its gonna glisten with a speck its gona happen, I follow all previous posts and still get wound up by contamination, but I try not to let it get to me

For my own sanity I just accept that its part of the job so a redo is required, if it goes great first time that that even better, but it gets a bit wearing if youre redoing the same window a few times in a day  :copcar

trouble is it makes youre work look like you havent bothered to clean the window!

Sometimes I find less water helps  :lol6

[*]398347

Thats pretty funny :lol6

but on a serious note I do agree with the less water thing but Willie has the technique listed perfect!

Archived