Second, we have issued glass breakage forms to customers for tint,? but have never been told by our film suppliers that a glass breakage warranty form from the customer was needed. :copcar? Maybe they we hoping that when the time came for us to have a claim, they would do the following, " oh by the way, do you have the original glass breakage form from the customer, you know that we need that in order to process your claim".? :lol6

I hate being ignorant of the fine print s@#t. Maybe our new sales rep at SG south will help to educate me on the finer points.

[*]398357

And the real fine print from the glass mfg's that says to the effect "your warranty is void if you install blinds within 4" of the glass surface." What does that tell you about glass breakage and release of liability?

I've seen the same clause in some film warranties as well. You have to read all of that stuff and review it with your customers.

[*]398377

I would have to assume then that the blinds installed on the inside edge of the window casings are in violation of the glass mans. warranty, that is probably why builders install blinds for the buyers so that they dont have to stand behind glass in new construction. Slick on their part since they most likely went with the cheapest windows to begin with.

Archived