removal of offside door panel on slk 230

Guest Adamski

Guest Adamski

I have an slk 230 @98. My bass speaker doesn't work. Can someone advise on how do remove the door panel as there is an airbag built in and also I do not want to damage the trim. Complete novice you see.

Guest Adamski
Should be a torx screw behind the SRS plate in the door...otherwise, nothing special comes to mind.  Pretty basic removal from what I remember.

[*]398731

Guest Guest
Should be a torx screw behind the SRS plate in the door...otherwise, nothing special comes to mind.  Pretty basic removal from what I remember.

[*]398731

Many thanks.

However I am a novice so how does the arm rest removed and associated door handle trim. Do they just prise away?

Guest maxsound69
I have an slk 230 @98. My bass speaker doesn't work. Can someone advise on how do remove the door panel as there is an airbag built in and also I do not want to damage the trim. Complete novice you see.

Hello there!

My name is laurence from a company called maxsound www.max-sound.co.uk

1st to remove door panal on a 98 slk you need to remove the 3 screws where ther door latch is(1 screw in 1 plate and 2 in other)

then pop out the plastic air bag bit says src on it words to that affect where there is a large screw behind it!

Then carefully prise appart the door handle from underneath where there are 2 more large screws!

Pop off the small plastic panal inline with the door mirror,pull panal away at bottom then push up and there ya go and if need be disconect

the door handle from cable and the tweeter speaker cable !if your replacing the speakers then you must install a speaker kit (don`t even think of not using

one of these as its impossible to convert the old 1 trust me )the size of these speakers are 6-half inch to go straight into the fitting kit (you may need a few

aditional screws for the job !

And thats it and hope I have been very usefull to you all !www.max-sound.co.uk

THANKYOU.....

Guest maxsound69

Guest maxsound69

Hello there!

My name is laurence from a company called maxsound

1st to remove door panal on a 98 slk you need to remove the 3 screws where ther door latch is(1 screw in 1 plate and 2 in other)

then pop out the plastic air bag bit says src on it OR words to that affect where there is a large screw behind it!

Then carefully prise appart the door handle from underneath where there are 2 more large screws!

Pop off the small plastic panal inline with the door mirror,pull panal away at bottom then push up and there ya go and if need be disconect

the door handle from cable and the tweeter speaker cable !if your replacing the speakers then you must install a speaker kit (don`t even think of not using

one of these as its impossible to convert the old 1 trust me )the size of these speakers are 6-half inch to go straight into the fitting kit (you may need a few

aditional screws for the job !

And thats it and hope I have been very usefull to you all !www.max-sound.co.uk

THANKYOU.....

Archived